Patch 4.75: Talents System, new VoiP, Fishing Gear -- Sprint Two!

i found the bug. it the health bar was fine upon relogging. but walking into the rain Forrest where it loads in nearly always causes the shield health to disappear

im using steam and im on a rift…

just confirmed with another warrior same issue

Okay thanks, I’ll look into it.

1 Like

Edit (bug): Arcane Blast doesn’t count towards static charge if you purposefully hit the floor to maximize aoe, you must directly hit a target.

• You can’t use static charge (mage talent) and cast at the same time. This renders it mostly useless, since you could just be casting a spell instead to inflict more damage(including aoe). Maybe if you could release early (to quick shoot it) rather than do the full-charge up to release it. So right now, a useless talent(time vs damage dealt). This feels like a bug, not sure if it is meant to be a feature though.
    ^ Biggest problem.

• It’s pretty cool in concept. I like the little pew. I feel like I’m in DBZ. I also like that there are different “tiers” of charging it up, so you can quickly cast it for low damage or wait to do mediocre damage, could actually come in handy in those clutch “need 1 more dmg” moments.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Muuwpkrb6zs

• Very short range (assume this is intended), perhaps bump it up just a notch or three?

• Damage feels a little low. Not bad if it crits. Fix the casting problem and the low damage can maybe be looked over since it’s a free cast.

• Not wide at all, very much a laser-beam. This is fine… but I guess since it is in the “aoe tree” everyone I’ve met was assuming it would be some kind of chain lightning / jump around to multiple targets type of attack.

• Assuming it penetrates for the moment, about to test it. However

There is a new build out on the Beta branch that should have the new fixes to the networking etc. It doesn’t have the Fishing gear fixes but I’m working on those now. Thanks!

Righteousness healing is really low it doesn’t look like it heals at all (Like lifesteal :frowning: ) Is it a % or a set number like lifesteal? Rage seems to be the optimal choice regardless of tanking vs dps.

Obviously these numbers aren’t set in stone, just wanted to say if it is working, the healing is currently insignificant.

Affinity is looking a little weak in comparison to True Affliction, it might even be equal single target damage or less. Not 100% sure yet, haven’t crunched the numbers but up front this is what it feels like. It is satisfying to see huge damage numbers though(10k crit fireball 2’s). I could be wrong actually, since fireball 2’s can be chucked out really fast.

Also for True Affliction, the dot damage doesn’t seem to scale with frost 2/fireball 2 vs frost 3/fireball 3. IMO, it should.

Elemental Affinity tree - fireball bonus (bonus damage) - doesn’t effect arcane spells. It does consume the buff though.

Static Charge follows the same rules as building up Super charge, so I will look at that…

So I think what’s happening there is it thinks you are trying to use your Super (both Triggers down at once). I’ll have to think about how to get around that. It wasn’t specifically intended that you can’t do both at once.

It is a set number…it’s about as much healing as having a Renew on yourself (assuming you are doing the combo at least once every 2 seconds), so I think it’s pretty good, unless it’s just not working at all.

That’s definitely not the healing i’m receiving but on paper that sounds reasonable

Hey Riley did you make any changes to Runesmithing specifically?

I did not make any intentional changes, no. It’s entirely possible some of the talents are interacting with it, though. E.g. if it is changing the timing of your outgoing damage or something like that.

1 Like

That whats I thought.
Although it’s weird because Ranger’s basic shots symbols are pretty different and random now.

I just tested the provoke heal on a warg using the basic sword and no gear (So my hp would actually drop). Using provoke gave me 0 hp. I don’t think it’s functioning

Okay, I’ll investigate.

Okay, yeah I see the problem, I’ll put out a fix for that in the morning.

2 Likes

Spiked shield gives the icon on the enemy, but the damage numbers don’t increase for basic attacks and wound combos. 153 vs a warg without. 153 with. Shouldn’t there be a 25% increase while it’s active?

Intimidate seems to work fine

1 Like

Hmmm…yes it should definitely increase by 25% for basic attacks if it’s active. I will look into that one too.

I swear we tested all this at some point :smile:

haha Well it’s better to fix these things early rather than 3 days later when fresh level 10’s are confused why they aren’t getting any stronger

1 Like

Okay so actually I think I fixed both of those already. I pushed it out so that if you go into a dungeon or another instance it should be active, it just won’t be active yet in the Overworld until I restart the server in the morning.

Oh cool I’ll go test that now

Edit: Excellent! Everything is working well. Warrior talents are pretty cool

2 Likes