Patch 4.75: Talents System, new VoiP, Fishing Gear -- Sprint Two!

The turret resurrection doesn’t put you in combat even when you hit the boss (unless the boss hit you)

Okay, thanks. I’ll get that fixed.

1 Like

Love some of these new talents. Not sure if you wanted talent feedback for the runemage here or a separate thread, but I’ll start here.

Lend a hand needs to be fixed. the spells do not come out correctly and are impossible to control. Here is 2 suggestions, one is to make it come out the left hand to make it easier to control. The other suggestion is scrap this skill and make it so you can store a second spell in your offhand by pressing the wand grip button. Then to release the second spell, you would use the trigger in the left hand and control it with your left hand. you could also have it shoot out your wand as well and the lend a hand would be there to only hold the spell.

True Affliction - When you hit a mob that has 2 afflictions on it with an arcane missile both afflictions do not transfer to mobs only 1 does. All other spells transfer. I was able to transfer all 3 with (frost, fire, and affliction) at the same time, so only affliction is broken. Also, other mages affliction, frost, burn, do not transfer over to mobs. Was this intentional? With frost and burn being so short, I think it would make sense to have an arcane missile refresh the dots as well as spread them.

True Affliction - Burn does 3 ticks while frost does 5 ticks. Was this intentional? Also, dots for burn and frost do the same damage whether you use a t2 or t3 spell. It would make sense to have the t3 have more ticks. I would also suggest to have the ticks do X percentage based on what the damage of the spell did to the mob. Why would a talent called true affliction not add a few extra ticks to the affliction spell?

Selfish Streak and Shared Streak only last 2 seconds (should be 3) and start as soon as you have the spell on your wand. I think the timing should start once the spells is released from the wand

Static Charge needs to be fixed. There is a delay and you can’t cast with it so it’s basically useless. Make it shoot out of the left hand with the left trigger.

Elemental Affinity - The affliction debuff to magical armor does not stack. Was this intended? Instead of affliction with the debuff for magical armor lasting 5 seconds, it should just last as long as you have an affliction up. This should also be moved to the True Affliction talent. If you leave it here, mages will fight over who does affliction. Elemental affinity should only frost and fire spells. Really doesn’t make sense to have affliction in this. When you activate empower, it only does the first tick of affliction, not the whole affliction spell.

Runic Diversity - This needs to be reduced to 2 spells, again if there are 2 runemages, only 1 of them can do affliction. Also, this only does the 1st tick of affliction, not the whole spell.

Overall feedback - I think the talents should focus on certain spells. i.e. elemental should focus on fire and frost (like making frost last longer, have higher slow debuff, or have a small aoe effect) and tormentor should focus on DoTs, Affliction. This gives more of a feel on specializing and makes it easy for future raid makeups so the mages can compliment each other instead of cancelling each other out.

1 Like

Great notes, want to sprinkle a little extra in.

Burn does like 300 more damage per tick, and having it have less ticks at a higher amount of damage makes spamming fireball better for overall single target DPS. It’s pretty good, and I’m pretty sure it’s intentional. It does making spreading fireball with more than 1 tick very difficult though. If anything you could consider it a design flaw rather than a bug.

An alternative suggestion to this, they could just fix affliction where each mage is allowed 1 stack of affliction, rather than 2 universal shared stacks of affliction per target.

I thought about that too, but the problem with that is that will make every mage do the same rotation and I think that is what the talent system should avoid.

Yes/no, but also 1 affliction per mage is the only thing that makes sense to me. Any problem that arises because of that needs to be fixed as well lol.

Wow, “Lend A Hand” feels really neat like I expected!
But wow, I have to unlearn months of muscle memory. Got so used to steering magic with the wand since July that I was just a mess tonight trying to coordinate both hands.

Maybe if a get a lobotomy and split the halves of my brain I’ll better be able to do 2 completely independent actions perfectly with my 2 hands… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Is warrior fixed for beta on oculus too?

Thank you very much for testing that out @logan!
I was a bit disappointed because, despite triggering new cool symbols, I was not feeling really stronger :joy:

I noticed that if people have not re-talented certain talents that have been affected by bugs, they will still experience it even when updated to the latest patch. Not sure if its possible but a “free” respec by resetting everyone’s talents will help with bug reporting during the restart today.

For example, if you took sword rush and don’t have the dram or aren’t reading the forums, sword rush will still be bugged on the beta branch until you use a potion.

3 Likes

Maybe I should have report here. Sorry :

Riley great job, there were bugs but you and your team answered and were very responsive.

I have only really played musketeer so will limit my comments only to that.

The main problem I see is in Light bringer path. All but one does something for Renew. I agree renew is very good for a musketeer, but not for everything in a line to only benefit it. The only way I see for this to be effective is for a musketeer to have empowered turret with renew, but then you waste a shot of renew on your turret and miss out on light’s blessing.

I personally would have liked to seen something done with shield and add increased threat or something. If you use it to save an ally it could back fire and rise them up on aggro table or be used for the tank to recover from a mechanic quicker.

Empowered turret–Shooting with a none special orb, does not destroy it. Not sure if that is intended or not, but when selected you can no longer decurse a large area.

Battle Rez–really like but probably not enough to put life-well on.

Speedy–without a way to expire the turret makes the timing unpredictable.

Total Recall–frankly is something that should have always been there, but gives no added value. In a boss fight the turret is not enough to matter, and solo you will be by the turret and not need to move it.

All and all not bad, but really I feel nothing will change or have value added for a musketeer. One could run around with none selected and the party would never know.

Hm not sure how you guys do TM, but we kite a number of bosses around and a flexible turret is awesome for that, also I use the lifewell for many of them so got it on anyway. The empowered turret I see as a game-changer, need to adapt the whole playing style to it, though (and yes, decurse no longer working was mentioned elsewhere, that will be fixed I think). Likely a separate thread for a deeper musk diskussion would be better, so I leave it to that short feedback, but so far I like the talents alot and yes, I think a group will notice if you make use of them or not ;).

The turret won’t heal or damage enough to make a wipe difference in a fight. It will give someone a needed boost until your next spell is ready but won’t keep someone afloat by itself. If you are kiting and using lifewell that seems to negate what such a long cool down spell is for.

Just my thoughts on the patch, everyone will have them. In the end I do not see us as healers getting anything that will matter end game, but a battle rez every 20 mins, but that is 3 runs with not needing lifewell.

I can tank squiddie without even using my sword or shield. New musketeer is awesome

Should have been able too before

Not sure if we speak of the same thing. The tank is kiting, lifewell is where our dmg dealers stand (example mushroom guy).

guess you guys kit differently, a decurse and renew better than lifewell and always up for the next

Is this a feedback thread now? Here goes: precision rocks. However, it could use a highlighted section at the top of the indicator so you can tell better, visually, when to release.

Also: :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

This is intentional, as it says in the description, “your spells” transfer. It will only transfer up to one stack of each DoT, this is also intentional.

I mean if we reduce it to two spells we’re going to have to halve the effect.

In general a lot of your suggestions would result in massive damage increases which is why we have carefully controlled how many DoTs stack, what DoTs transfer, etc. If we suddenly transfer everyone’s DoTs, that would cause a lot of extra potential damage.

I do get that there may be some interactions with multiple mages in the party caused by that, so one thing we might consider doing is figuring out better ways to make that work, such as Affliction only overwriting the previous one if it’s “better” (e.g. the potential total damage output based on the tick and time remaining is higher).

I also think this is going to become a larger issue in Raids when you have 10-person groups. We want to see some diversity in group makeup which is why we’ve kinda generally balanced it around having 2 mages in your group for 5-person content, but that’s not going to work for that larger group content as well.

Anyway, I will certainly think about all of that feedback regarding multiple mages conflicting with each other with the new talents and think of some ways to work around that.