Patch 4.75: Talents System, new VoiP, Fishing Gear -- Sprint Two!

Yeah I am fixing that today. The downside is that it will destroy if if you use that orb on it, but I think it’s important to keep that functionality.

1 Like

Yeah this is probably a good idea.

Thanks, just wanted to make sure. If only one spell is transferring, I would like to suggest that it puts a new stack on any mob it transfers to and arcane missile refreshed the dot. You could even break this into 2 talents under true affliction.

talent 1 - adds dots to frost and fire, affliction gets a few extra ticks

talent 2 - arcane missile transfers your dots to other mobs and refreshes the dot on your current mob

I think that is what you’ll need to do to make it viable, this talent is a loss in dps at ice lance range, since frost bolt / ice lance combo is greater than affliction/ frost / fireball (+20%). I have haven’t done the numbers yet for ranged but I suspect it will be close to break even.

Visual feedback is a great idea. I was imagining a small circle with a ring that closes in and ticks the circle, kinda like some music games I’ve seen. But where would they put it? On the bow or in center of your FoV?

I mean I’m okay with the idea that different combos are better to use at different ranges (that’s kind of the whole point)…

You’re thinking Affliction + Fireball + Fireball would be better at ranged? Or…?

Yeah before the patch, the best ranged combo for highest dps was affliction / fireball combo always stacking 2 afflictions.

I haven’t done much testing on the numbers after the talents, was just testing how talents work and providing feedback to get them working properly and to make sure I understand what they do thoroughly. I’ll be able to start testing now the best rotation for highest dps to help balance the talents.

1 Like

As is, it’s already visually distracting, so definitely not FOV. Something like a rhythm game indicator would be neat, but even just a different color on the bar in the bonus damage section or, simpler still, an arrow at the appropriate points, would improve the feel for little effort.

The controller will vibrate when you are in that “sweet spot” for the precision talent

1 Like

Right, but strengthening the visual indicator to highlight the sweet spot would improve the feel. Additionally, an effect on the arrow or an audio cue on a successful empowered shot could make the entire experience very juicy and fun.

A few notes on the recent patches:

• I’ve been having a lot of vrclient.exe crashes (maybe about 1 per hour), which I had not had before, and I haven’t changed anything on my side.
  • We’ve been seeing an increase in desynch issues, where mobs don’t appear, and/or the player thinks they are in one place but they are in another, and/or spell projectiles disappear, etc. It’s getting to the point where we are considering relogging before each boss to minimize issues. (We’ve also been seeing a recent uptick in stuck client artifacts again, where spell VFX will not clean up, etc)
  • I think a few of the Runemage talent options are pretty undesirable in their current state. The #1 issue would be with Static Charge, as you need to hold down the trigger button for a while for it to fire, which is time that could be spent casting a more damaging spell with the other hand. I think if this was an instant cast, it would help make it viable. The visual and audio for it also feel a little lackluster.
  • Seems a little odd that the first Tradu Mines boss killing quest has you kill 180 of them for the first minor cape, and then the follow up quest requires you to kill 36 more of them to get the major version of it. Are these inverted?

If you could send me your output log after any crashes, that would be really helpful. Also after any stuck spell effects. It sounds like there is still a network error someplace which is what causes those to happen. I thought I had the last one fixed in the patch that went out yesterday evening, but if you were still seeing them after that patch there may be more.

Please tell us when you haz teh data.

Last night when we were doing Tradu Mines bosses around midnight eastern, we had a decurse hovering in mid-air for the entire fight, putting out noise. What is the new process for submitted crash reports? I thought they automatically went to you guys from steam now that the old launcher is gone.

No you have to send us your output_log for this kind of stuff manually. We do get crash reports but those are different.

Used the potion to redo my Talents. The improved sword rush worked properly even to friendly units. Then I entered and left my house. Ever since then it’s back to the normal sword rush and doesnt let me charge it twice or rush to friendly units.

Can you send me your output_log right after you leave your house?

I will do that later as soon as I’m back home.

Hey @Riley_D , just question, was it intended that if there are 2 warriors with Rage talent they are not stacking? It doesn’t make sense to me :confused:

We are going to be re-examining which things stack and which don’t, as you’re right for that specific one it doesn’t make sense.

Also I feel like the Blessing of Might is a bit lacking at the moment, considering the 60 seconds cooldown, while the mages have 4% dmg buff which they can keep up all the time. If the Blessing fo Might would have shorter cooldown, or additional effect, such as increased critical hit chance for the duration, it would make it a bit more balanced I think :slight_smile: