Patch 5.0: Shard Dungeons (Sprint Three)

Is this supposed to be in my house? Do I get to use it to upgrade my house?! jk :smiley:
It does kinda clash with the décor though…

1 Like

I agree that it clashes a little, but I’d like to keep it. Maybe as a way to show an item as a trophy or a completed shard spot for when level 10 is beaten.

Maybe a bit of repositioning too…

I was dead when we beat the boss and didn’t get a chest. I tried relogging and didn’t see it either.

Okay, I looked and you didn’t receive any equipment drops, not sure why the chest didn’t show up. I have added some additional logging so let me know if it happens again.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure I think the Jungle plant boss minions count towards to clear %.
We have 100% clear on the plant boss right now by going the right way.

Also jungle looks to be the hardest dungeon by far!
Which will be interesting.

Also the skylab dungeon had 100% clear on the first mob pull.

Okay, thanks for the heads up!

How is everyone finding the challenge level in general? I’ve seen a lot of Level 1’s being cleared, some Level 2’s, no Level 3’s yet…

Also the Desert Dungeon final boss may have been tuned in a way that made it way more difficult than it should have been…

Is it the amount of trash or the bosses in the Jungle you’re finding difficult?

1 Like

The mobs are very hard because of the poisons and the plant boss just takes a long time to clear.
Although we did die a lot on trash.

I’m interested to hear people’s feedback on this if you all get a chance who have been running in thus far. I think the scaling that occurs is probably a little too challenging, because the brick wall everyone seems to be hitting is the one I wanted you all to hit around Level 5 or 6, not Level 2 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My group just cleared Jungle Tier 2. Every boss in that dungeon takes a significant amount of time to clear. The only way I could think to clear this dungeon in 30 minutes is to skip trash and get the 100% from boss adds (not sure if that’s intentional).

The dungeon itself isnt a hard fight, mechanically. It’s clearing it in 30 minutes that is the challenge.

2 Likes

I think I’ve already patched the bug giving credit for clearing the adds, so no that wasn’t intentional.

Interesting to hear that it wasn’t difficult just long…it definitely seemed like there was some wiping going on?

I guess I’ll wait for more feedback maybe people aren’t finding it as hard as it seems from the logs :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Desert T2 is the only feedback I have so far. The frog healer was pretty crazy in our run getting lots of crit heals for over 13k (On his renew). We had unprepared - if it scales up like that further I image it would take a really long time to kill. The last boss was really difficult for us which you mentioned earlier here. Overall T1 and T2 adds other than that healer seem right.

1 Like

Okay, sounds good. Well I guess as long as you all aren’t over there going “OMG WHAT WERE THEY THINKING” we’ll just leave it as-is for now…

But yeah just keep us in the loop about how you’re finding it, I’d like to do a balance patch later today if necessary so it’s all set for the weekend.

I already nerfed the Desert Dungeon’s last boss after watching your run on the logs, so that should be better.

4 Likes

Oh, one weird thing happened during our T2 squiddie fight. Several of us suddenly went to a completely black screen. It wasn’t a loading screen or anything. It was just blackness… had to relog to fix. Could hear the battle and everything still.

1 Like

I’m really not sure how rainforest can be done in time (only tried level 2 so far), a little bit of armor or damage won’t help with that, but well, happy for now that the loot part is independent of that.

Might as well report this now in case it becomes an issue with higher level shards.

J activated a lvl 1 shard and it didn’t activate and he lost the shard.
This short video shows it and I didn’t record everyone else’s audio…lol

Edit: Apparently J just noticed the shard back in his bag. Who knows when it reappeared because it’s been awhile.

Okay, good to know…yeah it shouldn’t really be possible to lose it without it activating…

1 Like

Tier 3 adds seem fine as well with vindictive it is reasonable. It’s going to be hard to be able to beat bosses in 30 minutes going forward. I think if we did T3 worm perfectly it looks like it should take about the right amount of time. Difficulty was definitely upped but not super crazy. I’ll update with soul keeper T3 soon.

@Riley_D a couple bugs I’ve seen:

Chest and shoulderpads are bugged at times where they swap gear slots. My new shoulderpads go into my chest slot and my character appears to be wearing the new chest piece.

Loot chests are appearing in the air in Desert dungeon. They can still be opened, but it’s more of a hassle.

1 Like

Which class are you?

This is happening to AVS on ranger.