Patch 5.0: Shard Dungeons (Sprint Three)

Buffs have always overlapped the Ult meter

I never used buffs, assumed the precision pushed the bars over lol

Hey Riley,

Would you consider this a mist keeper exploit?

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know about that, I will make some adjustments.

1 Like

I agree with this change, but does the diminishing return itself ever diminish? If the fight is over the course of 5-10 minutes for example. I know with pushback 2 you seem to only be able to use it twice. Silly question, but would be good to confirm!

Yes it does. So basically just think of it like a stopwatch on the monster. When the monster is slowed (and actively trying to reach its target) the stopwatch is counting up. If it reaches 10+ seconds then the slow starts to become less and less effective, until it’s not effective at all.

If the monster is standing still or is not slowed at all, then the stopwatch counts down. If it’s below 10 seconds, then slow effects are not diminished.

Hope that helps explain it.

2 Likes

I think he was asking if, once slow effects have been diminished on a boss during a fight, is there any timer that will allow slow effects to work again during that fight?

Hmmm…I must not be understanding the question still.

If you continuously slow a running boss for 20 seconds, then let the boss stand still (or don’t slow it) for 20 seconds, then the slow effects are working at full power again. There is never a time when the slow effects would be “locked out” for the whole fight, unless you just constantly have the boss slowed as it chases the tank and it never catches its target…

1 Like

Makes sense to me.
Not moving or no slow = diminishing return timer goes down
Moving and slowed = diminishing return timer goes up

if diminishing returns > 10
diminishSlow()
else
normal slow

Yep, you got it…

1 Like

Haha, just phrasing it differently for others, I know it was the same thing.

I would like to point out that the ranger slow during our ping-pong shenanigans would, apparently, overwrite our frost 3’s. The ranger decided to re-spec when he noticed. Not sure if that was intended.

I got d/ced during our t4 shard for an update and now I’m stuck in white space.

Yeah I see what’s going on there kind of. It’s trying to kick you over and over from the dungeon for being in the wrong party…I will PM you.

The adds still give credit, it was appening with Shroom and Squiddie as well.
Also we had a bug where the tank keeper was skipping a tank after a wipe (just like the first release of the dungeon), but it fixed in the following attempt without need to reset the dungeon, i think it happened because we returned to the graveyard while the boss was on the tank.

Okay, hmmmm…not sure why those keep giving credit, I’ll keep working on it, thanks.

EDIT: Okay I think I got it now for future dungeon runs. Thanks.

Client-side patches have now been deployed for normal and Beta branches for both Steam and Oculus.

This fixes the missing icon for the Dungeon Shards on the Beta branch, and fixes the issue with the new Ranger gear on both branches.

Thanks!

1 Like

We’ve completed the Desert dungeon a couple times and each time the reward chest is appearing high in the air. One of our team actually had to go get a chair to stand on, in order to open it (as it had the T3 shard in it)

1 Like

Oh and this was a thing.
Probably just a visual glitch but, more than one of us was unable to see Xemisis’ body, relogging or fully reloading the game did not seem to correct it, his body did come back after going into the dungeon though.

1 Like

After running a few different dungeons today (didn’t go into jungle or forest), the difference in difficulty between some dungeons seems like it might be a bit much. I like how some mutations can combine with some dungeon for the perfect nightmare, but you can definitely breeze through some at T4 while others are really brutal at T2 (with mild mutations).

Okay, well if you have any specific feedback on ones that you have encountered that you want to give publicly or even via PM I’d be interested in hearing it!