Patch 5.0: Shard Dungeons (Sprint Three)

Okay thanks for the feedback. Regarding the bugs in section 3 specifically, I noted the ones you mentioned but it’s always worth being specific about something bothering you even if you think we already know about it just to be sure we’re aware so we can get it fixed. So if there are any others just let us know.

2 Likes

Anything that reduces the fact that it’s possible for players to spend 3 hours doing content just to get to a specific tier and then get RNG drops that aren’t good enough unless the scaling between 20.25 and 2.5 is vastly superior. And even if it was, without knowing how that affects 20-40 less stat points is questionable.

Fish bow is awesome! I hope it doesn’t change at all!

I also think with their new artist things will improve so I am not worried about it at all.

Completely agree with balance! Each dungeon needs to be individually tuned asap not only on enemies destroyed but also on how much time you get as bosses are very different in terms of time needed to kill and size of dungeon.

And the bugs, I really hope these get knocked out sooner than later as they are impacting beyond just shards and have not gotten any better since being reported months ago.

Hey Riley,

We were doing Lab and we killed Sentry to kill time.
We then activated our Lab Shard.
We then had no timer and 100% complete on mobs with 0/0 Bosses Killed.
When we killed Mist Keeper we received a chest and no upgraded shard.
We then killed Sentry afterwards to see what would happen and we just had 2/0 Bosses killed with no extra chest.

This happened to us in the cave. Killed some trash, started the shard, lost the shard, 100% 0/0 bosses

Okay I just pushed out a server-side patch with the following changes:

• Changed the way that Phasing In/Out works for monsters, which affects things like the Ghost and Soulkeeper boss, so that hopefully if they phase out while doing their AoE attacks those should still be visible. Let me know if that helps.
  • Made it so that loot from shard dungeons always appears right on top of you, even if you’re on a bridge or something else like that.
  • Made sure that if you somehow get into a broken state with your shard dungeon (such as it saying “0/0 Bosses 100% Complete” you never get loot…obviously I don’t recommend starting a shard dungeon if you’ve already messed with the bosses/trash.

I also added some logging that should help us start to balance the dungeons in terms of amount of trash required to complete it.

Regarding some of the other more general bugs like desyncs or crashes, I think we have gotten to a point where what we are aware of and what people are experiencing may have diverged quite a bit, so I am going to start a new thread for those.

Thanks!

1 Like

Trash in front of squiddie entrance is too close to the pillar to apply the shard without dealing it with. Have to keep healing on the person with the shard just to apply it and aggro is maintained while seeds come out and kill people anyway.

^ same in the forest, the shard altar is too close to the trash.

Also if you can tell me which bosses specifically aren’t resetting I will look into that.

I am only aware of Sentry doing this.
Which I think is caused by his aggro table resetting when he kills someone and noone else has hit him.

This is Sentry. It seems like if he kills the player in 1 or two hits after his aggro switch he resets sometimes. I think it has something to do with the aggro table being cleared when he switches. I’ll ask someone in my group if they have recent video, but it’s happened a few times to me now.

Short clip of it in action.
Disregard my trap comment, I was salty that I kept grabbing my trap instead of my arrow.

I believe this one was caused by J being too close to wall.
At least that’s what multiple people have said.

Ranger’s armor is still bugged. Something about their chest armor isn’t in the chest slot or something.

1 Like

So when it resets are you able to still start the fight again? Or then it doesn’t work at all?

Starting the fight again works, though if we are down to 25% health and it resets it’s just annoying. Also I’ve noticed with the Mist Keeper if the tank moves close to the 2nd tree on the left side from the back, the boss resets

There’s a new server-side and client-side patch that just went out. In particular:

• Finally hopefully fixed the issue with Ranger gear not working properly. Note that you may have unequip and re-equip your gear into the correct slot, as it was actually putting it in the wrong slot before.
  • Fixed an interaction between the Reawaken menu and the Guaranteed Drop menu. They should no longer override each other, so even if you die during the fight or right after, your Guaranteed Roll menu should stay available.
  • The number of trash mobs that you are required to kill in each Shard Dungeon is now set to a pretty consistent number. Generally speaking, you now have to kill about the same in most Tradu Mines dungeons, more in the Desert Dungeon and Maeo’s Sanctum, and significantly less in the Rainforest Grove than before. The one dungeon that is still out of balance here is the Tradu Skywalk, and we will be making some changes to that next week to bring it in line with the others. [Note that this change went out a little later than the others, so it takes effect for all new dungeon runs started after 9:30 AM server time.]
  • The scaling of healing done by enemies has been reduced so that it only scales about half as much as the increased damage done.

Note that I am still working on the Beta branch build with these fixes, should go out in about 30 minutes. So keep that in mind if you’re getting ready to start a new dungeon run.

Thanks!

3 Likes

New Beta branch builds are going out now. Thanks!

3 Likes

For some reason my tradu shoulders have 393 armor and my shard t2 shoulders have 335 armor.

EDIT: My shoulders and chest swapped dyes… and the pure white major dye has the icon of an accent.

Okay, so here’s what was happening. Apparently the Tradu Ranger set had the same thing going on, where the Shoulders were labeled as a “chest” piece internally and vice versa. So when all the Shoulders dropped, they had the armor of a chest piece, and when all the chests dropped, they had the armor of shoulders.

The amount of armor that you are getting on your shoulders and chest now with the new Shard Dungeon loot is the correct amount. So basically your Tradu Shoulders have a way higher armor amount than they should (and your chest likely has way lower). So the total armor you had before was correct, but it was just assigned to the wrong slots.

I will put in some code for tomorrow morning to go through and fix that problem on the Tradu Mines pieces (setting the armors to the correct values). But in the mean time, that is what’s going on.

Is the desert dungeon supposed to take more time to clear the trash than the bosses? Because that’s exactly what happens right now, there are too many elites in that dungeon included elite healers (also vindictive doesn’t help) so we killed both bosses in 10 mins and the trash in like 15.
The dungeon is pretty easy, it just feels weird that the thrash last more than the bosses.

Not sure why Desert Dungeon requires more kills now after it already required you to kill basically everything except 3 groups of enemies.

If clearing trash takes up the majority time it takes to clear a shard, it will probably be impossible to clear higher level shards because the trash requirement keeps scaling and just eating away the time which isn’t balanced around each dungeon length/boss fight.