Patch 5.6: Sprint Five Part One!

I thought there might be something up when those minnows turned the line red with a half-turn of the reel… Glad there’s a fix I coming. On top of things, as always

Okay I just put out a quick update that should have the new fishing changes. There’s also a client-side patch to download, it’s the same for both Beta and Default. Thanks!

3 Likes

Okay so I did a little fishing for catfish then went for sunfish, once the line goes red there seems to be a bit of a delay before it starts going white again, which cause me to snap my line a lot…

I’ll test it again tomorrow as I’m now going to see infinity wars

So that’s an intentional new mechanic and allowed us to make sure that the "line turning red’ was working well across all setups. I may tweak the delay time though. But I think the base level of “how fast does the line turn red” should be back to where it was, and the speed of jerking on the common fish should be where it was (or even easier if you have Strength gear on).

Thank you so much for the swift patch! Fishing seems to be back to normal for me.

We definitely need more inventory space and house storage space in all aspects!

4 Likes

Noticed the health bar on the fishing rod goes down from the wrong side, not a major issue but thought I’d let ya know

I have never caught 2 fish at a time. I have the fisherman full set (+100 luck for the shoulders), 2 luck rings, and drank multiple luck potions and never got 2 fish. Can you check to make sure this is working correctly?

Also, intellect doesn’t seem to increase the nibble alerts on the lure. Can you check to make sure intellect is working as well.

4 Likes

The luck seemed to happen earlier for me, my 1st lure I had it happen twice, missed 1 fish due to not drinking potion before casting but finished with 16 fish out of 14 successful catches, didn’t seem to proc as often after that lure though

Did it say something when you caught the fish or did you it just go in your inventory with no notification?

Went into the inventory without notification, I sat with my bag open just to see if it would happen as someone mentioned it earlier today and I forgot to check

That is good information, maybe it is happening, I figured there would be a x2 notification. I’ll have to watch my inventory.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.