Patch 5.7 (Sprint Six) Blog Post

Hey everyone,

We’ve got a preview blog post up for Patch 5.7 which is coming out Monday. Check it out:

Note that we will release more detailed patch notes with specifics on things like the PvP Mechanics changes as we get closer.

6 Likes

So if I’m reading this right, if you are in the wilds and not in combat you can log out immediately?

Can the 30 second logout timer be anywhere in the wilds, combat or not? There is a common strategy for people to just log out when they see a potential bandit.

5 Likes

All of it seems awesome! Except one little thing, when in dungeons players have to logout and log back in due to bugs in about half the dungeons they run. That 30 second time will make the bugs down right rage inducing and will cause people to lose shard runs. Having to run back because the game freezes on you is bad enough.

4 Likes

I agree that this should apply to everyone in the wilds, not sure what the rationale is to allow you to instantly log in the wilds.

So a few scenarios here:

1. You voluntarily log out and back in because there is a glitch (e.g. someone is showing up as the wrong person or something). This would still be able to happen immediately as long as you’re not in combat.

2. You get involuntarily disconnected or your game crashes or something. You can immediately log back in and take control of your character, you don’t have to wait 30 seconds. However, your character will still have been in the game world during that time.

If there’s a scenario I’m not considering between those two, please let us know. I should also point out that we have spent a decent amount of time re-working parts of the networking code for this patch in preparation for raids, and our goal is to eliminate as many of those types of bugs as possible, so hopefully scenario 2 should be happening less, anyway.

We can certainly consider that, I think it makes sense that if you are in the Wilds you should have to wait at least a little bit to log out as it’s not a “safe” area. Zones all actually have safety ratings, we just haven’t really publicly discussed that a lot, the Wilds all have a Safety Rating of 0. So we could make it if you are in a Safety Rating 0 zone you always have to wait 30 seconds to log out.

5 Likes

could u clarify about what exactly the warrior stun does? if it simply locks u in place its basically game over, as you can no longer dodge and will just be instagibbed if the opposition has atleast 2 rangers, and they coordinate their charged piercing together

Yes, please do, or else you have 2 scenarios going on.

Scenario 1: Player sees bandit, immediately logs, calls back up and logs back in once his team members are there.
Scenario 2: Bandit attacks player, player uses stuck combat and logs out.

As I said in the original post, we will release further details about the specific PvP mechanics as we get closer. They are still in final testing and balancing.

However, to respond to the overall gist of your question, I would say if you can get someone into a 3v1 scenario, then they should probably be able to be killed.

1 Like

I have a lot of questions to about the balancing, but I will refrain until further details are released.

will the dragons with the increased movement speed buff also move faster themselves? it always a pain to have the dragon following 500 feet behind u so others can follow

Yes. The vast majority of “disconnects” aren’t disconnects but rather desyncs where we are physically in the world but unable to affect or surroundings If the 30 second timer applies to this scenario, then it is going to be a huge problem.

Additionally, stuck in combat bugs are still extremely rampant and frustrating. Adding another timer for us to deal with when trying to mitigate the frustrations seems ill-advised.

When you log out out in a dungeon you usually start back at the beginning of the dungeon anyway. Isn’t this enough of a deterrent?

3 Likes

From my understanding…

You don’t actually have to wait to logout and login.
Your character will just “persist” in the game for that duration.

Nothing changes in dungeons besides possibly being killed while logged out.

Additionally the blog post reads: “to prevent people from trying to logout and quickly log back in to “reset” their character.” But this is silly. My orbs already go on max cooldown every time I log in. Heck, they go on cooldown every 30 seconds when I am walking around the world since crossing a zone border forces them on cooldown.

1 Like

The blog reads: “which requires you to wait 30 seconds to logout if you are in combat.”

It doesn’t seem like it’s going to work the way you suggest.

1 Like

yeah the problem isnt that they use it to reset the character, its them leaving and never coming back until a reasonable person would have left

on a side not, is there a fix to getting stuck in combat with another player? as of now the only way to reliably get out of combat with a person u dont want to kill is if you log out, and now that that is gone, will this be fixed?

Whats stop you from closing the game and relaunching?
Either way, I feel like it should be changed to the way I’ve said it if not already.

Does the chest have a “open time” on it or can you just immediately open and run away?
Also are people with invisibility potions able to open it undetected?

Will the increased movement speed from pets work in dungeons or while in combat?