Patch 5.7 (Sprint Six) Blog Post

The fact that it’s VR makes this action much more cumbersome than a normal game.

I’m not asking “how can I work around the game’s mechanics?” We already have to do this enough for the various desync/stuck in combat bugs. I’m just trying to point out that this new timer will likely exacerbate these types of issues.

1 Like

The new system essentially separates the concept of you as the client being connected from the server, and you as a character being in the game world. You can still close out your client and reconnect to fix an issue, and then launch the game again immediately to take control over your character again. A lot of the issues you are talking about (in terms of desyncs) fall in that client category, so it will still work the same as it always has. However, obviously our goal is to fix those bugs at the root source, and as I said we have done some work on that for this patch.

1 Like

Can you tell us what loot one can expect from the trickster chest?

As a suggestion, you should have it that is someone loots the trickster chest they get a debuff icon for 5 minutes that shows their location in the wilds on the compass.

The player could also be highlighted with a pink beam to let everyone know he just looted the trickster chest.

Did someone mention this??.. ‘Confront the evil lurking in the Waystation Crypt and find out what’s been going on up in the snowy reaches of the world.’

^---- Are you saying we will have a new dungeon to play with on Monday?

This is part of the MSQ, its not a dungeon, just an area you enter to complete the quests

1 Like

Okay got it. Just wanted to check.

So now when jerks in the wilds hunt me i cant even log out to get away from them??? Oh well I’m probably out now.

Out of curiosity, if your don’t plan on doing any end game content, what would you need from the wilds anyway?

Well to be honest if you enter the wilds you should ne aware of the risk you take. There is little to no risk if you can simply log out to avoid fights/death. I’m no fan of pvp at all but I love these changes. At least it sounds like the wilds will become the place they should be.

1 Like

I need to gather every herb in game, and catch every fish. I was managing before, not I wont be able to. No one wants to team up with someone who cant set a schedule of when they will be on, and might have to log out at any time no matter what is going on ingame.

I got almost 200 hours in, it was fun before this game started turning for the worse, in my opinion. Who knows in 6 months it might be fun again.

While I’m understanding you may be a little disappointed that your usual strategy could be nerfed, it’s kind of a degenerative strategy. It’s equally as effective for removing a threat as winning in combat, while requiring virtually no in-game effort or skill.

1 Like

Will the Dragon happiness buffs work in dungeons? Are they granted randomly?

Can’t wait to see the new Highstep

1 Like

I firmly disagree. It was the last method of a solo only player to mitigate the wilds. You wouldn’t want me in your group. I may have to log at any time, so even if I’m in the middle of a group raid you may here, sorry, gotta go, bye, logout. That’s unfair to people who care about progression so I dont do that. 200 hours, not even level 20, haven’t finished the main quest line, haven’t leveled any class other fighting class and was having tons of fun.

As my ability to not just be a mobile piggybank has been removed, my orbus playtime has dropped off drastically, and this change will probably prevent me from adding in the next 100 hours.

If I didn’t like the game I wouldn’t bother complaining and just go play another game. Like I said before, who knows in 6 months it might be fun again

1 Like

I’m solo only and explore the wilds fine without doing that, so that’s just plain incorrect. I believe what you meant to say is that it is the most effective method, and it is. Too effective. In its absence, you might have to give more consideration for NPC aggro ranges, distance of nearby players, and escape routes, but you are fully enabled to continue exploring the wilds without completely removing PKers as a threat through preemptive or mid-combat logouts.

2 Likes

Correct, game has changed, for the worse in my opinion. The fun has been removed, for me. Blah blah risk / reward blah blah. I will never agree that taking my hard work is is gong to be fun for me.

I mean, in general the Wilds is supposed to carry risk, that’s the whole point. There are plenty of other fishing and farming opportunities in the game world (including the new Rare fish) that don’t require you to go to the Wilds. It’s always been that way since the earliest blog posts about the game. Prior to this the ability to logout at a whim and avoid any danger that way was basically a strategy that only worked because we hadn’t had a chance to implement this yet.

I guess what I’m saying is, Wilds = Open World PvP. If you don’t want to participate in actual PvP, then I’m not sure why you wanted to go there, as there are easier ways to make money or advance your character via solo PvE play.

3 Likes

Excited to head into the Necropolar, new Highsteppe, and have 10-mans that much closer! Woo! And congrats to the new team members getting their work out into the wild :slight_smile:

I’m really not a fan of attaching buffs to the dragon system. It’s going to bring a lot more annoyance to the playtime of people who don’t enjoy the dragon system and prefer to avoid it altogether. Sure, we could just keep ignoring dragons, but who’s going to want to ignore that speed buff?

edit: I think it would make much more sense to have whatever buff attached to the dragon itself. Like if your dragon is happy enough, it will sparkle a little bit, or can hover/fly for short distances-- things along that nature. I think attaching work to the pet system to only buff things specifically to do with that pet(and not the player/world) would make the most sense and still make the people happy who want to put a little extra work/something special into their pet and keep those of us who won’t want to deal with happy as well.

4 Likes

Personally I’m going to go for the extra weight cause I’m always running around on 40+ weight due to no chest space

I wanted to go there to gather items and explore. Explore and gather is what I like to do. There were always ways previously to mitigate the risk from pvpers and I had fun. As the content was slowly gated away, it has become less fun. I see the game is progressing more toward PVP and less to other things, and thats fine, but not fun for me. I only play for fun, if its not fun, why bother.

Its not my game, and I dont get to direct it, only get to ride along. The ride seems to be over for me, and it was a blast since the driver is heading off in a direction that is un-fun for me.

I will check in once in awhile, probably just let my kids play in the meantime. Thanks for the many hours of fun Riley, I wish you much success