Patch 5.75: Dragon Pet Bonuses & Fixes

There’s a new update going out the door this morning, with client-side patches available to download now, and server-side patch going out shortly.

In particular, this patch adds a new Pet Bonus mechanic to the Dragon pet system. The following bonuses are available:

• Teleportation Cooldown reduction
  • Auto-loot nearby loot bags (does not apply to loot from Wilds kills, or boss chests including the Trickster’s Chest)
  • Auto-harvest nearby resource nodes

New dragons bred will have a small chance to receive one of the 3 bonuses. In addition to that you can purchase a new Dragon Bonus Pet Treat from the Dragon Pet vendor which will give your pet a guaranteed bonus chosen randomly for the 3 available.

We’ve also fixed a bug which was causing some dragons to show up with “Undef” traits. If that has happened to one of your dragons, just place it into the Terrarium for a few moments and it should fix itself.

Finally, in this build the sounds have been adjusted to change some of the death sound of the creatures to be less realistic, and the volume levels of the new SFX have been better normalized with our existing sound effects.

9 Likes

When you say ‘‘place them in the terrarium for a few moments…’’

Can I place 3 Undef dragons in there and have all of them updated?

So no more killing puppies ? Oh God thank you!!!

3 Likes

Ummm I’m not totally sure. In theory yes.

1 Like

I’m reading @Riley_D’s reply as responding to the killing puppies comment :smile:

4 Likes

Just tested the gatherin Bonus. Due to the pet being miles behind you and the small radius that the pet has regarding gathering stuff you basically still have to walk right through stuff you wnat to have gathered and even have to run a straight line after you passt the gatherable because if you don’t your pet might decide to take a different route resulting in it not picking the stuff up.
This just makes the bonus at least for me useless because i would be way faster just picking it up by myself.
Also shouldn’t the happyness thing affect the bonus? My dragon is sad and still gathers everything.

4 Likes

We made the gathering radius smaller like that because we didn’t want them to be able to hog all the harvestables around and it’s still a bit more convenient than having to stop and mine since you can just run by at full speeds, but maybe it is something that could be adjusted. We’ll see what everyone thinks.

For happiness, sad isn’t the lowest tier I believe, so it’ll still function until it effectively hits 0. We’ll try and add some visual way to see the happiness level sometimes in the future.

1 Like

I understand the reason for making the radius not that big but it’s like i have to run to a plant and stand still and wait for my dragon to finally catch up to me.

I feel like it would be better, despite the idea of the dragon itself harvesting the items, to have the gathering radius around the player themself. Possibly until dragon following is improved and made tighter

2 Likes

I like these three bonuses. Thanks Dev team. :wink:

We made the call to have these bonuses after a lot of feedback from many people preferring them to not affect combat in such a way that it would become a penalty to not use a dragon.

As they are now they are convenience options, a useful bonus on top of having a cool dragon for those who like it. We will evaluate possible future bonuses with that in mind.

5 Likes

Is the issue that they still feel too slow even after the latest patch? During testing, we were able to run at full speeds through zones and have the dragon follow and harvest everything without stopping, but maybe there’s some other conditions that cause it to be too slow for that to be convenient?

It became better with the last patch where you adjusted dragon speed but it’s still not at a point where I would call it perfect. The dragon is still quite a bit behind you. And yes, if this would be fixed the gatherer bonus most likely would be a nice thing to have.

Hmm, how can the dragon speed ever be balanced if teleportation vs locomotion speed isn’t balanced yet :joy:

Edit: Maybe make the dragon walk faster when they get farther from the player and slow down when getting closer. That would help with different speeds of players.

2 Likes

yeah it is definitely too slow. I have to stop and wait for the dragon.

What I noticed also is that… if I run through multiple nodes before it gets the first one… It just goes for the last node I ran through and ignores the first one.

The way the gathering works with the harvestable is it checks a small radius around the player (5m) to see if a harvestable is within range, if one is (based off player location) the dragon locks on to that harvestable and then stops checking for others until that one is harvested, then begins checking again based off the players position. This bonus is meant to be a supplemental way of gathering resources while out grinding/questing/ traveling, but if you normally harvest every node you find as you walk this will not replace that.

This is how it currently works, it checks around the player to see if there are any harvestables in range, but if the dragon is already “locked on” to a resource node then it will ignore any others you run past until it has harvested the previous one and begins checking again.

Once the bonus treat is applied to the dragon, is it affixed for the life of the dragon? Then it just needs to stay happy for the ability to work?

Correct, and you can reroll it by feeding them another treat.