Patch 6.05 (Client/Server)

Im finding that when I pull off a provoke and go into another immediately i lose the right swing input and have to loop back.

Currently majority of the time combos won’t trigger the charge. It will give the start of the sound effect and then cut off. I was using the target dummy in the guild city fort and up swings would only register if you did a wrist flick on the side of the hitbox or stood really far back. I’m going to assume that’s just a hitbox issue as I didn’t try it on any enemies

Are you saying the up swing detection has gotten worse? Irregardless of the charge mechanic?

On that dummy, yes. It used to register everything really well (I used it for my tile set recordings) but now it’s really bad. I recorded video but for some reason my file sizes are huge even for a 2 minute video, so i’m tweaking those settings and i’ll try to record again.

Also, a new era of the game has begon!!! :frowning:

Imagine the world boss where everybody dies the whole time and probably more situations changing now completely.

I’ve had the same issues, hit registration only worked if I was swinging slowly, I’ve got it recorded, I’ll upload it in a bit, also here is my output log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q5CjhVSRckemK_YCSDyd4Te7ohiIU-hm/view?usp=sharing

Okay, thanks for the heads up.

We are working on a new small patch now to address some of these issues. Thanks for your patience, we should have it out later today.

Going to mention that I find it a bit annoying that the loaded combo doesn’t count as a hit towards your next combo.

note that swings also register twice sometimes which means that combos do not work randomly.

Okay so just to keep everyone up to date, we are working on a small patch which will go out later today which:

• Fixes it so that charged swings still count toward combos the same as a regular swing.
  • Fixes some bugs relating to the hit detection which is causing you to have to swing differently than before (e.g. more slowly or farther).
  • Fixes it so that if you don’t currently have a gaze target the hit registers immediately instead of delayed.

After we get that out the door we’ll keep getting feedback and tweaking. Thank you to everyone who has tested it out and given us info to work with.

Thanks for being so responsive! It’s a cool concept that just needs a bit of tweaking.

Has anyone been able to use Cleave since changes went live? Aside from the hit detection and combo-breaking problems of the new charge system, I’m finding it impossible to pull off a cleave…

Just pulled off several cleaves. Definitely still working

So I haven’t been able to play the update yet. Through our the time that I was playing as a tank I notice sometimes my frames drop from 60 to 30 in some areas. When it drops to 30 or below sometimes my sword doesn’t connect with the hit box so I would look down twords the ground to limit the amount of polygons being rendered to boost my frames so I can actually connect my hits. Is this’s still a problem?

I had issues with up swings on the guild city fort dummy unless I was standing extremely far back. Each combo does trigger though. The sword glows a different color for each combo. Blue for provoke, Red for wound, Yellow Cleave, Green hamstring. It’s a really neat feature to easily know which combo is charged.

1 Like

Are there supose to be yellow arcs on the oposite side i swing?

I.e I swing right to left and a yellow slash pops on right side, and vice versa.

Let me just jump in briefly and say great work on the warrior charge mechanic. This is a brilliant idea to reduce the fatigue of warrior while not nerfing the class by just putting a hits per second cap on it or something.

It seems like once all the bugs get worked out and the timing gets balanced this is going to be a great feature. For balance I think the aim should be that fully utilizing the charge effect should be performance neutral with hardcore warriors who already spam. Of course it would be a buff to those who can’t spam as hard yet and that’s an added benefit as the barriers to the warrior class as is are quite large.

I really like this system and I’m pumped to see it get refined, best feature since affliction spreading. Give whoever came up with this one a pat on the back from me.

Once the bugs get sorted and I can get back to my spam speed again this will be great for the lazy warriors, Even tho spamming wound is more effective for DPS If you can keep your combo’s under 0.8 seconds. Sadly warriors still do hardly any damage compared to ranger or mage. You never see a DPS warrior in high Shards or Raids.

@Riley_D
I get you are encouraging a more relaxed style of play, but why not just make it easier on warriors period by relaxing the amount of provokes they need by increasing their healing and threat generation (and then cap it so it cannot be abused by attacking much faster)? This quality of life change for a specific part of the warrior doesn’t feel well designed: Warriors are not fatiguing themselves by wounding in this game. Or if this is about wound in general or leveling in general, increase the damage from wound and drop the bloated “extra” mechanic for people who want to skip every other combo.

People have complained since forever that playing warrior takes a greater toll than every other class (and in general the amount of strain this game demands at the highest levels physically injures people), but this is just solution doesn’t even teach people how to properly play the class. Nor does it address how warriors have to provoke with their lives on the line because of how provoke generates healing.

If you wanted to make leveling easier specifically and didn’t want to deal with flat damage increases, you could have changed wound to not be such a complicated 4 swing combo that doesn’t feel natural. Such as Right Up Left.

You could have just increased the damage on lateral swings or wound itself so that you’d get the same higher damage just without needing to actually stop your swings/rhythm to be on par with the extra wound from charge up. Or have the small shield block generate a charge rather than having the warrior move their sword away from ready position and wait for 1 second to charge.

2 Likes

thats the thing about classes is each one requires you to have a certain skill like rangers require aim, mages require constant repetition of certain symbols, musky requires aim with a little coordination, and warrior like in real life requires endurance and remembering attack patterns.(dont get me wrong i really like the new charge strike for warrior) but warrior shouldnt get any easier to use then they are right now, it would be like making mage have super simple spells or archer having seeking arrows.

1 Like