Patch 6.05 (Client/Server)

Do we have an eta on the patch update? Some of us were hoping to run a shard tonight and every tank im playing with says they cant find hitboxes anymore or they cant provoje anything as effectively. Would love to see if the patch saves tonight’s plans.

We are doing the build now and getting ready to test it, so the soonest it would be deployed is about 1.5 hours from now. I am trying my best to get it out tonight, but it will be at least until then.

yes you’re right my mistake

alright, thanks for the quick reply, we’ll hold off with these shards for a few more hours then

This would make sense to why I can’t do my combo at anywhere close to there original speeds, @Riley_D was this a intended change?

No, it was not intended, it’s one of the things that should be fixed.

I understand the reason behind the “Charge” but I hope it won’t be the best or on par way to gain treat or deal damage vs. Combo spamming.

If you want to throw some extra 0’s on the warrior damage numbers I won’t mind and people won’t complain I promise! :wink:

1 Like

yes please I agree, a little buff wouldn’t hurt

Okay so the new patch is now available to download on the client (6.06).

The following should be fixed:

• There should no longer be a 1-2 second delay between when you slash and when your hit registers if you are not gazing directly at a target.
  • When you use your Charge attack, it will also register as a regular hit now so you can use it to start your next combo.
  • The hit detection should be back mostly to the level it was before, there is still a difference in how the “Up” hit detection is working, which we’re leaving in for now to get more feedback on it, but we may end up reverting it depending on what people think about it.

The patch won’t be fully live with all the fixes deployed until the server restart completes in about 15 minutes, but you can start downloading the client-side patch now.

It’s possible these are just issues affecting me, but since the patch today I’ve been crashing pretty frequently. Even multiple times in a row. (Will send in my most recent crash log)

I also ran into a weird issue where I wasn’t able to harvest any harvest items, but I wasn’t desynched (can show video).

I haven’t played with the warrior changes, but I will say that having two abilities with Charge in the name, on the same class, seems like a recipe for confusing new players.

Okay, we had a report of someone else having some weirdness where they were getting massive frame drops, a full delete and re-install fixed it. Sometimes I think the patching systems don’t really work right or something.

Would it be possible to bring back the Beta branch? I thought it worked well before.

the 22nd they are adding a new beta branch with hardmode raids

Wonder they wouldn’t just put all this on the branch.

The patch should now be fully out the door on both client and server.

We’ll continue to gather feedback on this and likely put out another patch tomorrow with some more changes, but hopefully this patch should address most of the major concerns/issues discussed thus far. Thanks!

1 Like

2 things

1. With a small shield, they are doing large shield damage other than the wound combo proc. Basically regardless of shield, they are doing far less damage than before right now

2. The vertical up swing, has multiple issues with it. Most prominently the issue where it keeps registering horizontal swings rather than a vertical swing. And vertical swings can register twice, making it difficult to proc any combos unless you go slow or you get lucky.

A number of warriors are having problems proccing combos due to the vertical upswing.

1 Like

@Riley_D excellent work on the patch adjustments, significantly better now. Much much smoother and no more issues with migrating hitboxes.

I will keep play testing, but overall the combo proccing is no longer causing the issues it was before.

@Riley_D

I think this patch adjustment definitely needs a few more patches to address the new issues and old ones.

Example of small shield dealing large shield damage 99% of the time, with random normalized damage. The wound procs however deal full damage I think. Normally my swings will deal 300-600 damage, but they’re doing less than 100 here.

Example of vertical swing randomly not registering as vertical despite the exact speed and swing in a windmill motion. Notice the horizontal swing animation registering on hits randomly.

Hitting anything after you proc something removes the charge you built up, so if there are two monsters near you and your swing clips the monster next to you, you lose the charge immediately on contact right after its built.

1 Like

Yeah, I haven’t been able to use the charge proc since the change. I just tested it, and it wasn’t working at all like the way it had been before. I think having the swing detect as though it’s the start of a combo makes it impossible to charge it a second time, but let me know if you guys figure out a way to get it working.

Also Leshak hit boxes were pretty narly, and I had a real hard time getting hamstring on Tradu Forest bosses when I tested it out just now. I am really happy with the combo responsiveness and the ability to provoke on a mob without looking directly at it again. Warg hit boxes were too far back in their butt as well.

Not sure about the small vs big shield damage, I will test tomorrow to confirm.

Can confirm, doing big shield damage with the small shield.

1 Like