Patch 6.05 (Client/Server)

I can second that confirmation

Patch 6.06

From an hour of testing around different mobs around the world, I notice that the up stroke will only register if i “swing” the word from the wrist instead if my arm. and the damage of my strikes are a lot more sensitive between swing from my arm and my wrist. the damage is not a big problem for people who only do dungeons but for lower level solo play is a huge problem. Because of the upward swing does not register like before the update, I can’t do provoke heals like i used to. For now, most of the tanks in game are pretty much unable to provoke tank.

#tanklifesmatter

ignoring the slash markers appearing on ”wrong” side, i cannot land cleave or wound no mather speed, provoke lands ocassional, and a uninvited hamstring came along.

Damage is very random on dummy, between 1-5, 10-15 or 20-30(rare)with small shield, it seemed that if I took a small breether between each hit, number got bigger, someone who knows warrior need to test, I could just have screwed up and now too tirerd :joy:

Switching shield from big to small gave small shield visually 400% hp. (Really long blue line)

Being able to provokes&wound again at speed seems to be fixed, Hitboxes feels alright however I can’t for the life of my pull off a hamstring or cleave no matter how slow I seem to do it, Ill play around with it some more on different Mobs but wait WHAT’S THIS!? 15 damage on sword swing using a small shield? Riley my dude I said to add zero to the numbers not make them zero! :unamused:

Edit: After walking around and testing several other Mobs to see if could pull off all my combo’s I’ve found hamstring and cleave are impossible to pull off unless I spend 5 second preforming it extremely slow on vertical slashes every Mob has this problem, I’m also still getting white splats but a lot less now but they still interrupt combo’s.

Damage is a joke I’m pretty sure you nerfed warrior’s into the ground, Basic slashes do 15 damage with a small shield and large shield it’s just 5 with a Tier 10 sword… However wound still does it’s normal amount:

If the hitbox issues and white splats can’t be fixed before hard raids I urge you the Dev’s to reinstall the old hit detection system as this one is borked.

Are you all actually seeing a difference between using the Big Shield or Small Shield in terms of damage, or is it just the same damage all the time?

Also is the damage off on regular attacks or combos or both?

Check the video I posted above 15 damage with the small shield, 5 with the large shield sometime you can pull off a 300 Crit rarely which is laughable, Wound still does it’s normal damage however I can’t say about cleave because it’s impossible to pull off at the moment.

Okay, I think I know what happened there, obviously that was not intentional, we will roll out a fix in a bit.

Really hope you can get the White splats and vertical swings fixed before hard mode, An easy time save for the damage numbers just multiply them by 100 that should do it. :wink:

It will all definitely be fixed by the time the raids come out, that’s why we put this out today and not Friday.

I didn’t see any white splats in my several hours of gameplay yesterday. Was it a specific enemy?

You can trigger them by doing a downward swing. Like raise up your sword high and slash straight down. I have no idea why it’s happening so much to Chezil but that’s what causes it.

Yeah, A few of my shortcuts use them! Since the last patch I’ve noticed they have decreased greatly but still happen sometimes.

Ah I stopped downward swings because it always triggered the blessing. Not sure why it would spawn white splats though. Odd.

There is a server-side patch going out in 30 minutes. Should have the following changes/fixes:

• The damage for basic attacks has been re-normalized (and fixed). There was an incompatibility with some of the changes from last night we didn’t notice in testing, so sorry about that.
  • We made some adjustments to the charge mechanic. We felt with the current really-fast-charging implementation it wasn’t really getting the desired effect of having you “pause and rest” between attacks. It now takes longer to charge (around 1 second for 3-step combos, 1.2 seconds for 4-step combos), but when you do the charged attack you gain a bonus damage of 3 or 4 full-strength basic attacks, as well as a 30% bonus to the effect of the combo (e.g. damage for wound, threat/healing for Provoke, damage for Cleave). Math-wise this means it’s equivalent damage to either charge once between combos or just ignore the charge mechanic entirely, and then doing multiple charges between combos will continue to have some diminishing returns but can still be useful if you want to give your arm more rest or don’t need maximum DPS/threat.
  • The white splats should no longer show up on downward swings.

The main issue we are still working on is the hit direction detection for vertical swings. We should have a client-side patch out later today to hopefully address that issue once and for all.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Okay, the patch is now live on the server, thanks!

Thank you <3

6 Likes

Mission accomplished.

3 Likes

Ain’t gonna lie warriors hits are feeling pretty juicy at the moment.

4 Likes

:rofl: no other reply is needed here