Patch 6.05 (Client/Server)

It should be 6.07 on the Oculus store. Have them restart their Oculus client to see if that does it.

EDIT: I just checked and I got the download on my Oculus store and it seems to be working properly for me…

I already told him to restart oculus. Didn’t work. He just restarted it again 20 secs ago just to be sure.

It is just 6.06 for him he says. We might just need to wait for him to be able to update :confused:

Edit: he can update now… :slight_smile:

Thank you Riley_orbusgod.

#tanklivesrestored

1 Like

After running a few dungeons and some more testing I’m quite able to pull off all combo’s fine now, I’m not sure how it is on HTC vive as i’m a Oculus user. Vertical swings still need to be quite on point for them to count as vertical swings and not horizontal.

I think it works fine lol

I got to play with the charge mechanic and the new hitboxes today.

I don’t feel much of a change in the hits overall which is probably a good thing. I wasn’t having trouble hitting combos before so if there were improvements made I don’t know that I’d be able to tell.

I did play around with the charge mechanic quite a bit and while it feels good solo, even fully utilizing the mechanic I feel like I’m losing healing on the provoke end. I mentioned in an above comment that I was hoping it would be balanced so that combined with a fast provoke in-between each charge it would be net-0 performance with the provoke spam but I’m not sure 1.3 provokes charged in a second is that target. I need to do a bit of testing to make sure I’m not full of it but I think that two provokes per second is a pretty reasonable pace so you’d be losing about 35% of the healing by utilizing the charge mechanic.

Critical notes aside I love the color on the charged combo. I feel like it gives the combos a lot more identity which is sweet to me. Also the sound works for me. I like the distinct charging sound followed by a distinct charge completion sound. It really gives you an idea on how it’s building rather than a sound when it’s ready only or something like that. So great feature implementation on those sides.

This is just my first impression but I wanted to put it out there.

1 Like

The charges Provoke gives 30% more healing over a base Provoke to make up for that. Unless you were already taking that into account?

Thanks for the feedback glad the hit detection is working better!

I was taking it into account yeah. Basically if you’re able to pull off 2 provokes a second you’re looking at 200 healing where 100 is one provoke. So in that second you could also charge one provoke combo by not attacking equalling 130 healing. There’s a difference of 35% between those two instances.

It may be best for me to go ingame and film myself provoking for 10m straight to get a feel for my combo rate so that I can give you a better idea of how many I can land in a second for balancing purposes.

I’ve got a second so I’ll go knock that out and get back to you.

2 Likes

Okay. I mean the minimum enforced time between strikes is 0.20 seconds. So it should be more like 2 Provokes = 1.2 seconds.

The patch last night was way smoother 0.2 seconds between strikes is way too long for a lot of swings, I could see 0.1 seconds maybe if it’s needed for accurate detection, but the slow down is pretty significant.

Overall strikes felt tremendously smooth and fluid after last nights late patch, but now a lot of the slow jerky behaviors are back now.

1 Like

I was a fan of the original recharge time for charged skills. Now it feels too slow and the fatigue isn’t really improved as a result.

if you uninstall the game and reinstall it there is a chance that it could fix your issues it worked for me and many others who play the warrior class. I hope this helps at least some of you

Can confirm that the added delay is definitely slower than pre-patch levels through multiple shard play-tests. The effective ability of a warrior to accomplish combos is definitely reduced by between 10 and 20 percent over time.

The delay also causes indicators to occur with a noticeable delay that makes it feel unresponsive. @Immortuos_krad what exactly changed with the uninstall reinstall? I can’t see it getting rid of the new delay functions, unless the implication is the delay is actually a bug from the updater itself.

A question I have is… was this update meant to change the gameplay of warrior, or build on it? Because the charge idea is great and i can think of a few uses for it thatll help out on some end game bosses or shards for cleaves, hamstrings, etc. But if the cost is that those of us who have put in hours upon hours of memorizing combos and getting faster at proccing provoke/wound/hamstring combos have to redo all of our strategies and slow down our speed or rely on charges then this update kinda puts us all at square 1, and will be pushing myself and other warriors away from the class we’ve spent weeks honing.

2 questions, is it intended that a missed combo resets charge to nothing?

And
That ZING sound with stars, is that a combo reset? (and whats the cd for reset?)

Ah that makes perfect sense. I’ve been wondering for a while if there wasn’t some sort of cap on warrior swings as the hits start to fall through if you go to fast.

That also means the number I was guessing at based on two provokes per second is off. If you were at the theoretical maximum for provokes then is would be 1.666 provokes per second. That balanced against the 1.3 from charge is certainly a lot closer.

I recorded my speed for about 10 minutes straight last night to see what my pace is like but I didn’t get a chance to analyze it yet maybe I’m a lot closer to that 1.3 provokes per second that the charge is balanced around. I’ll let you know.

I’ve noticed we can only trigger up to a certain speed rune because anything faster doesn’t register. I thought the speed was dependent on latency. Good to know there’s a maximum number to aim for

The minimum time between a strike has always been 0.2 seconds, that hasn’t changed whatsoever.

So I’m not really sure what you all mean by increased delay/slowdown? You feel like you have to swing slower to get it to register your strikes, you mean?

The detection has always depended on latency so some players have always had to swing slower to get solid hits. I’ve noticed the controller haptics are lower/softer when my connection is spotty as well.

Okay, I’m just wondering if people are feeling like there’s something that’s changed since before Monday, or if it’s just the same problem that’s always been there.