Patch 6.05 (Client/Server)

Ah, I haven’t played since before the latest detection fix so I can’t confirm anything. I’ll test it later today

Swinging at my normal speed it is no longer detecting many of my swings, and the animations are drastically slower. This is only on the most recent patch.

For context I have done a shard level 8 against soldiers with 1 healer and not wiped, but last night on a shard level 4 so few of my provokes registered that I died twice.

In comparison the patch that came out the night before had been the smoothest responsiveness wise I have experience of all of the patches.

Whether it is something in the processing algorithm, or a change in the delay placement, or simply an unnatural change to the hitbox placement vs what is ergonomic for a human being I am not sure.

If the hitbox detection stays as is I may be taking a break from tanking though, I haven’t been this frustrated by a patch in the entire time I have played this game. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling today, but since everyone else I play tested with last night had the same issue I just don’t see how that will help.

Okay, that’s really interesting, we didn’t really change a whole lot between the patch you’re talking about and this patch. Certainly no hitbox changes, processing changes, animation changes, etc.

All I can think of is your framerate changed? Is that possible?

Potentially yeah, I had been getting tilesets to proc so quickly their animations would stack right on top of each other, but I was unable to get them to proc at the same time no matter what I did, attacks had a noticeable delay as I stacked swings for combos too, as though I had to wait for a buffer of detections before I could continue swinging.

If I swing faster it actually stopped detecting, and I would miss multiple provokes. Three other tanks in our group confirmed similar issues. We have tested each patch thoroughly spending several hours after each patch dedicated just to testing because of how critical these changes are to whether or not we can continue to play end game content.

As it stands I am holding a level 9 shard I have been very excited to complete, but I likely won’t be able to survive if the problem persists despite five hundred hours of training.

In contrast patch two of these three patches felt like cutting through silk. I was tremendously relieved when that patch came out since it had eliminated all of the swing latency issues I experienced with the first and now third patch.

I am definitely not having the same issues as you’re group Gandora. I was able to tank the entire raid last night with no issues on my combos. I wonder if there’s something different about my technique that makes me unaffected by whatever is causing your issues or if it is a system based thing for your group.

Okay, well there are still a few issues we are working on, one of which is a framerate dependency that the new stuff introduced that should be fixed today, so my guess is it’s probably caused by that, since as I said from a code standpoint nothing major really changed between Patch Two and Patch Three you are talking about, other than the way upward swing detection works (which wouldn’t affect any of the other problems you were seeing where strikes weren’t registering at all).

So we’ll get that out the door later today and hopefully that should resolve the issue.

1 Like

Okay, so I uninstalled, and reinstalled the game, and I solod the Desert Crypt dungeon as only a tank mostly to better effect. The soldiers hitboxes seem to either have been moved too far back behind their front, or the new detection algo is meaning I have to walk basically inside them (where others may not be able to decurse or heal me) to get consistent provokes. There was also a slight framerate drop in that battle so I could see that being worse with a full part and packets flying around.

If there is a frame-rate dependency issue I could see that being a much bigger issue with groups. All in all the ability to store a combo is working really well now that the swing you go in on counts towards the next combo, it definitely opens up more playstyles.

I will test again after the next patch to see if the slowdowns go away in groups.

Can anyone else confirm that Soldiers in Desert Crypt seem harder to provoke against?

Had a crash issue today, Shiki and I both crashed out at the exact same time. We were just standing in Lamavora non-wilds talking, and I was back to my steam VR landing environment, no Orbus client error, no socket disconnect, no locked client, and no crash directory generated.

My headset froze and i had to restart steamvr

Here in about 20 minutes we’ll be doing a server restart and rolling out what should hopefully be the last patch in the Trials and Tribulations of the new Warrior Charge Mechanic.

In particular:

• We fixed an issue which was causing a frame-rate dependency on the Warrior’s hit detection, so if you were having swings not register that should hopefully fix that problem.
  • We fixed the issue of the status effect icons being on top of the Super bar on all classes.
  • We rolled back the Musketeer changes, so now the orbs will not be disappearing anymore, but they will disappear from your hand if you are holding them too long again. We’re working on a better long-term fix for that, but we felt like the new patch was a step backwards.

Thanks!

3 Likes

If you’re working on class bars, you know the Fisherman class bars are backwards right?

2 Likes

I totally forgot about that @JrSlims :joy::joy::joy: Guess you are the fisherman out of the two of us for sure.

Well I was getting attacked by a Mutant Cactus in the desert wilds (it walked up to me when I wasn’t looking and aggro’d) and it took me a few seconds to remember that the bar was backwards cause I was looking at the wrong end, which showed full health.

Side note: My level 18 Fisherman did well - it took about 3 hits and I survived while running away. Granted, if I was a lower level I would have died instantly. Again - the devs are wrong when they think fisherman levels are unimportant. Being unable to gain reasonable experience as a fisherman is a detriment to the players of the class.

1 Like

The client patches are now available to download and the server restart has been completed. Thanks!

2 Likes

Testing on the latest patch seems to have remedied the issues and I am seeing prepatch performance again which is great.

We will continue to test and learn the new system. Thank you and the dev team for all the attention to the issues and your rapid response.

1 Like

I am happy that this icon issue is fixed, but now the other issue is that icon is below the special bar which, with my casting position on screen, means that it is out of peripheral vision. I have to basically play with a straight arm in front of me to make sure I can always see my debuffs.

This is why i recommended putting the buff above the health bar instead.

@Riley_D updated with my recommendation…

The icons are also now clipping into the fish on the ranger legendary.

Me and my friend managed to get 3 dc each in this hour we just played, anything going on with server today?

Normally we dc just once or twice per evening, and even that is rare.

We’re both sitting in europe, different countries thou.

Also now EVERYONE needs to turn the hats off if they want poison debuffs removed from them lol.

i really think the positioning needs to be above the bar.

1 Like

@Riley_D i think this needs a fix before hard mode release :sweat_smile:

1 Like