Patch 6.10: Hard Mode Raids

It’s always existed, but it would be rare for fights to go over a few minutes. With the raid encounters being significantly longer, it’s more of an issue, and it’s an escalating issue.

I eventually had to turn off my recording, and lower my supersampling down to 0.8 or so (from 1.4), and was able to do what needed to be done for the fight, but the lag was still present and growing even then. (1080ti, i7, 32 gig ram, 1TB SSD, gigabit connection, etc)

On boss 5 if you are in an AOE and get teleport to hell you can get hit by the AOE

Before you make a change based upon one person’s opinion, try to ask the community how they feel about it. Many use the strat - it isn’t particularly easy - it requires exact timing and planning, but at the same time provides more variety in gameplay than just huddling up and using musky shield, which then is the exact same mechanic as in WB3.

One way or the other it doesn’t really matter what people think of it, it’s more of what Riley and the dev team wanted the mechanic to be than anything else

So profound. But yes, obviously the devs take community input all the time, and I’m just recommending they take it here.

It’s clearly a bug, otherwise why would the devs take the time to code it where it splits damage. Plus the only really change (aside from increasing the hp) they did is scale the dmg on the jump. If you are completely avoiding that mechanic, this boss is the same as the non hard mode boss which defeats the purpose of hard mode. If the devs wanted us to avoid this aoe mechanic, the aoe would act like other aoes and would one shot you.

2 Likes

Just curious, I might have the wrong idea, but does this affect (for example) the combo proc from your runeset on things like the musketeer healing abilities, or does it also affect things like the Warriors provoke heal talent?

Both of those things are affected.

I thought this was an intended mechanic. Please dont limit the ways you can solve the puzzle. Avoiding the damage requires precise timing and is arguably harder to pull off versus a muski orb.

The aoe is much tougher to deal with then just porting as soon as the boss looks at someone. It not even comparable in difficulty. It’s also a gear check.

We’re able to kill it fairly easy not using the jump out of charge method and tanking the charge, If you want to patch I understand. It also can make the boss harder if people are jumping out and some can’t make it in time they will take a lot more damage most likely equalling a death. So there up sides to it but also a harsh punishment to those that can’t get out in time.

2 Likes

I dunno if I will patch it at this point or not, I just wanted to make it clear that as of right now, it is fine to do that if you wish to take that approach.

Given that the primary difficulty increase from normal to hard for Boss 3 is on the jump impact damage being cranked up, completely skipping that mechanic is effectively doing the boss on normal mode still.

4 Likes

Btw, I genuinely dig the new mage shoulders with the bolts sticking out.

2 Likes

Just what I was about to post about. We’ve had people with graphical lag, or a lag spike (assuming because of they are in the UK). They will end up dying and we’ll end up having to start the boss over several times because of similar issues with different players.

Just to be clear can you grind luck drops from raid bosses after the first kill each week or can you only get a gear/weapon drop on first kill for each character.

You can only get a natural drop on the first kill each week on each character.

Was the new cape drop implemented or is it just a really low drop rate for boss 5 hard mode

1 Like

It’s implemented, should be working. It’s not super low but it’s just RNG I guess.

That’s a bummer. No one got a cape from our kill which was disappointing:(