Patch 6.10: Hard Mode Raids

We just pushed out a small client-side patch with the following changes:

• Reverted some changes to how the AoE displays worked since it seemed to make things worse, not better.
  • Fixed an issue with the Warrior sound where it wasn’t affected by the SFX slider.
  • Fixed a rare crash bug involving items you can pick up and hold.

Thanks!

Managed to clear hard mode Waystation Crypt again, with some difficulty due to above mentioned issues.

Had a couple quick questions:

• Has a decision been made on the pre-jumping out of the boss 3 leap? We spent a considerable amount of time to defeat it without using that mechanic which we consider an exploit, but if it’s ratified as a long term valid mechanic, it will save us a lot of time in the long run.
  • Also, Zero capes dropped again, which was honestly kinda disappointing.

Doing some quick napkin probability math, based on several potential values of rarity on cape drops:

If it’s low single digits, it makes sense, but none of the other capes in the game seem to be that rare so it seems like something may be off. Is there any way this could be double checked?

We also had another teleport-into-hell bug that seemed different from the others. From one of my guildmates:
“I got teleported into hell, no enemy to kill, immediately take tank buster hit from nothing at all
Then a poison pool starts killing me after I heal, so I dodge that
and then I’m sitting around in hell waiting for an enemy to spawn and then I immediately get one shot again”.

Also! We may have discovered some additional info regarding the weird long-fights-cause-increasing-lag issue. We noticed on the 4th boss that the lag got progressively worse as usual, but when the boss we were focused on died, and the other was still up, the lag dropped about 90%. Our guess is that there is some lingering invisible VFX element that is piling up on the mob model over the course of the fight until it dies and the corpse disappears. Not sure if that helps, but it was something we noticed as we looked for clues.

Anyway, still loving the hard mode raids, they really push us to our limits and require exceptional gameplay from all attendees.

2 Likes

Also, will this bug be fixed where you can quickly pull Boss 3 to the alternate tier of floor than where the room-wide AE is hitting can cause the room-wide AE to do no damage?

I haven’t decided if I’m going to change it or not, but as long as it is possible to do I am not considering it an exploit at this time. It does make the fight somewhat easier in a way, but at the same time it does still require skill to do. However, as someone else pointed out previously one of the only things that made Hard mode on that fight “harder” was increasing the damage on that mechanic, so if we are going to leave in that possibility, at the very least we will have to tweak it to be harder to do on Hard mode. But at any rate, for now that’s fine.

I already noted in a previous thread that I agreed it was unlikely before I saw your math post, but yeah I will look into that.

1 Like

That’s good to know, thanks for the heads up. Based on that, one thought I have is it might be due to buff/debuff icons. Is the piling up lag happening mostly on fights where there are lots of buffs/debuffs that happen during the fight? I think Boss 3 would be one that wouldn’t have it happening, Boss 1, 2, and 4 would definitely have it happening more. Boss 5 would have it to some degree too.

I don’t think its as bad on boss 5. Its horrible on boss 4. But that boss is taking us FOREVER.
I forgot what Fellow it was but someone asked if it could be spells hanging around. Like the spell hits and disappears but some of the information from the spells are still hanging around?

Okay, so, I just want to clarify this because reading back through this thread, I may have given an incorrect impression.

For gear specifically (including armor and weapons), you only get one natural drop per week, and one token per week in addition to that as part of the same drop.

Capes, dyes, and mini pets can be farmed as much as you want. So if you want to kill Boss 5 over and over again as a group until everyone has a cape, you are free to do so.

Honestly, with fire and frost adding dot debuffs now, almost all bosses have a wall of debuffs the whole fight. It only seems to become a lag issue on the 10+ minute long fights but you can notice it a bit after 5.

i am more concerned about the continuous crashes our tank is getting on boss 5.

Who’s your tank…?

@Function is ze tank

Okay, well unless they have sent them under a different name, I don’t think I’ve received any reports or logs or anything about that, so have them send me some info and I’ll look into it.

I keep telling @Function to do this but normally he has already reopened the game before he has remembered or been reminded to do it so the output log will have already been replaced by the new one when he reopens the game, is there any way you can make it so it store like the last 2-5 logs so we don’t have as much down time between crashes for those that can be bothered to send the logs in? maybe have it create multiple logs with timestamps or something?

It’s annoying enough to wipe as many times as we do due to desyncs or crashes, the run back to the 5th boss is far too long as it is but then to wait around for someone to also send logs while needing to run back is just more downtime in raids, if you could make it so the portal that sends you to boss 3 room after it’s been downed also sends you to the 4th boss room after that has been downed it will also improve the QoL in raiding greatly

2 Likes

:slight_smile: next time I’ll send it.

1 Like

This. 20 chars…

Just sent my second output log for the day, another desync, details are in the email along with a video of what happened, hopefully this will help

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.