Patch this Morning: 6.15

There’s a new client-side and server-side patch going out this morning with a few changes. In particular:

• Adjusted the way that corridor-style AoE attacks work, currently on the Raid bosses and Tradu Mines bosses that used those attacks. Hopefully with this new method you should never get hit outside the AoE and the damage should go through the end of the corridor.
  • Fixed a bug which was stopping the recording of boss kills in the Tradu Mines in the journal.
  • Added additional defensive mechanic on Boss 5 in the Raid when teleporting back from facing the solo enemy.

We’ll update the post when the client-side patch is available to download. Server restart will follow that.

Thanks!

3 Likes

Client-side patches are now available on Oculus and Steam. Server-side reset in 15.

1 Like

Server-side patch is now live. Thanks!

The AE on the first boss, at least in hard mode waystation crypt is was more broken than it was before. Previously, you needed to stay several feet outside the visual of it, but now people are dying from vast distances away under varying and seemingly inconsistent circumstances. Prepping a video now.

Well that’s weird. We tested it a day ago and it seemed much better. But yeah show me what you’re seeing and I’ll take a look. It should be easier to fix now.

Also let me know if you’re seeing the same on Boss 4/5 or the Tradu bosses.

Message sent! Let me know if I can provide more info.

I sent you a reply.

In general I basically need to know if you’re seeing it happen every time or just sometimes. I just tested it for about 5 minutes (so like…20 cycles or so) in various positions around the room and it seemed to be working fine to me. So I guess let me know if any other groups are running into this issue and if you’re seeing it every single time, just like 10% of the time, or what.

The aoe’s on 1 and 4 also seem to take a second or so to apply the damage if you would have been cliped.

Sent you more info, but it’s definitely every time. We had to far overcompensate for the distance to get through the fight.

We also had some weird issue while testing that some people would NOT get caught in the AoE while some other did while standing next to each other so there seems to be some kind of issue there.

We had issues with this today as as well on 1 and 4. 1 the AOE was all jacked up. We finally found that it was best to warp near the side of the AOE as it didn’t hit there. I’d see the tank in the AOE but on the side of it and that would be fine. But if you were behind the AOE it was a crap shoot.

Boss 4 also wasn’t on target. Needs more testing.

When 1 and 4 tag you there is a 3 second delay before the damage hits.

These fixes very much need to be looked at. I’d also suggest creating a few different instances and trying it in test. Seems it is fine for some and totally messed up for others. We attempted to reset the raid zone and still got the AOE issues.

Hopefully one of our raid members got it captured and can send the stream to you on 1.

Can you be more specific about that one? The other reports I’ve gotten have said Boss 4 seemed fine, but they could be using different positioning than you all.

So right now based on the initial reports I’ve gotten in, it seems like the main issue is with Boss 1. When the boss is facing the fire, if you dodge to the left or right of the Red AoE, that seems to be working properly. However if you are positioned behind the AoE, it seems like you have to give a wider gap between yourself and the red AoE start to avoid taking damage.

If anyone is seeing a different issue than that, please let me know so I can work on tracking down the root cause.

Also, as a side note, keep in mind that the same mechanic exists in the Normal mode Raid as well, and also exists on Sentry in the Tradu Mines, so if you are able to do those more easily than the Hard Mode Raid and gather info on any issues, that would be much appreciated, as I’d like to get this fixed ASAP.

I feel that both 1 and 4 aoe’s are applying damage a little early. Jumps I think are close hit me and jumps I was fully prepared for I can avoid. The damage is applied later which is very evident when getting hit across the room where someone will get aoe’d and randomly die seconds later. While you bring up sentry. If sentry spins 180 to aoe someone putting the tank completely out of it, the tank will still get hit unless they move around. Something having to do with resenting your position, because you just need to take a step.

So you never felt like you weren’t in the Red AoE area at all, you just felt like you were jumping out of it in time, but then like 1.5 seconds later you would take damage anyway.

Okay so I just pushed a small patch which affects how far “behind” the boss the AoE starts. I noticed on Boss 4 and 5 that was set to a very low number, and on Sentry and Boss 1 it was set to a very high number. So that will slightly change things and maybe make the fights a little easier temporarily, but let me know if that fixes the issue, and if so at least that gives me a direction to hunt down the bug.

Based on the last two weeks aoe’s I felt that jumps that would be close but defiantly(probably) made it would still hit me, and with that happening multiple times I feel like that’s the case. But the damage is usually applied like 3 seconds later

So the extra like 1.5 second delay between when the AoE “goes off” and when you take damage has to do with the new way that I am doing it to be more precise hopefully. However, what matters is where you are when the Red AoE disappears. Basically it now “sweeps down” the path of the Red AoE to find all the targets, then once it has collected them all it deals damage. So it’s possible now that you may actually have more time to get out of the AoE if you are far away from the boss. However, it should not “tag” you any faster than it did before, because the process doesn’t start until after the same initial delay as it had before.

But anyway, where you are when you take damage does not matter. So if you are in the AoE and then 1.5 seconds later take damage when out of it, that just means you were in it when it went “off” and then it processed fully then dealt the damage to everyone at the same time. I may be able to reduce that delay but right now I am trying to concentrate on precision first and foremost. But just to avoid confusion, if you were in the Red AoE, then dodged out of it but were too slow, then like 1.5 seconds later take damage when you are clearly out of it, that is not a bug, that is just the way it works now.

However, I have seen clips of people who were never inside the Red AoE and still take damage, and that is what I am trying to fix right now hopefully with that new patch I just pushed out.

We just did a skywalk an hour or so ago and I got hit by potion keepers aoe by jumping into the area where the aoe was, after the red had disappeared.

1 Like

Yeah okay, that’s actually something to be expected with the way it works now, since as I said:

So the inverse of that is, if you jump into where the red AoE just was within a second or two of it disappearing, especially toward the “end” of the AoE, then you may get hit still.

I will work on tightening up that timing, but if that’s happening right now I would consider that “working as intended” for the current iteration. It shouldn’t be like that long-term though.

Thanks for taking the time to report that, let me know if you run into other issues as well.