Player Mailbox/Parcel Locker System

This is probably something that would only affect a niche set of individuals in the game, but I’ll try to explain it from my perspective:

I do a LOT of artificing. It’s probably my favorite thing about the game, so I’ve made something of a profession out of it. With a competitive price point, I also get a LOT of tile orders.

Naturally, it can be multiple days or longer before I have time to make tiles that someone’s asked me for. On top of that, it can be difficult & take even longer to coordinate times to meet up with customers to give them the tilesets, especially if those customers live in different timezones than I do.

So, the proposal is simple: adding some kind of mailbox/parcel locker system to the game, where people can deliver items to other players’ houses directly. The mailboxes/lockers could be located somewhere in Highsteppe & have some sort of UI like the Auction House does where you can search for other players’ mailboxes & drop things off in them. Each player’s mailbox/locker could be linked to a chest inside their player house for them to collect, again similar to how the Auction House works.

It’s a relatively minor/edge case annoyance as I said, but it would be super convenient (for me, at least) to be able to drop off tilesets or any other tradeable items for that matter, directly into people’s player houses when I get the time to craft them, without having to coordinate with my customers to conduct the trades in-person.

17 Likes

Yes I agree that this sounds great, I am sure that we all have ran into this at some point in time. Don’t discount your idea by suggesting it would only be convenient for you, but it is super convenient for your customer as well. Not to mention, pretty much all people on both sides of most economic transactions that happen outside of the market stalls/AH.

I think this system has more potential than that as well, this could also be used to send birthday/christmas/valentines day gifts to friends or fellowship members. Ever participate in those in game raffles or prize contests? Now you don’t have to be present to win. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As somebody who was once fulfilling orders of stacks of fish on a daily basis, this would be an AMAZING Quality of Life improvement.

1 Like

This also has an added benefit that I had not previously considered:

We’ve all been in that situation where we wanted to trade something from our main character onto our alt character. Traditionally, you just have to find someone else that you trust, give the things to them, and then re-log on the alt character to get them back.

This would no longer be necessary with a system like I’ve suggested. We could freely trade items to our own alt characters without needing anyone’s assistance.

6 Likes

+1 must be added or I quit the game type QoL improvements here

To amend to my post, this system should have some sort of tax like the auction house to use so it can take dram out of the economy

2 Likes

Really awsome idea. This would make life really nice. I don’t agree with taxing it like the auction house. Just a nice way to get things to your alternate or anyone else. It could be used for b-day, Christmas or just a random gift to someone you don’t know.

I would probably just randomly gift stuff. Sounds like a hoot.

1 Like

It just dawned on me that half of the system is already there, using your AH chest in your player house.

Page 1 of the chest is currently for AH only items
Page 2 of the chest is currently for people who own market stalls
Page 3 and beyond?? I am not aware of what they are used for, but one could be used for this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.