Please Balance Bard <3

There have been numerous posts about bard over the past several months. Mishka has provided a bunch of data as well. It’s easily one of my favorite classes. I put a 1,000+ hours into musketeer in Preboorn and rallied the charge to get the class in line with Reborn. I would ask a question from the devs, do they really find Bard in line with Musk? I’m not asking for a Musk nerf. I find it actually perfectly in line with the current game mechanics. Bard is just broken.

In short Bard is a broken class. The amount of skill that is needed to make the class decent compared to musk is soul crushingly sad. I have 1,700+ hours into the game. And the class I’ve fallen in love with after the update/reset is sadly broken.

I know I rallied for how broken Musk was after the update (and it was) and I’m not asking for a correction on the Musketeer. I’m asking for the Bard to get what it needs to make it a good class.

3 Likes

I know they’ve said that they’re keeping an eye on my Bard thread, and that my suggestions have been seen, but that’s about as far as I’ve pushed lately. They’ve mentioned class rebalancing happening around Q4. I’m hoping to gather more data as I run shards to help with that as much as possible.

One of the things I was thinking about earlier today in a 5 Bard run of Broken Halls was breaking the Talent tree into two completely distinct, separate play styles: DPS Bard and Healing Bard. One tree would be focused on dealing pulse AOE damage. Not as much as the other DPS classes due to skill requirements, but enough to be considered playable. The other would be entirely healing focused. I’m going to be working out how I’d personally like to see it, and post it up on my thread soon enough.

EDIT: My Bard thread has been closed :frowning: guess I’ll be making a new thread and just linking the old one

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.