Please Buff Shaman

To say that shaman can’t hit high enough DPS on a single target, I think that is missing the idea behind shaman? It is the only class who excels at multiple target DPS.

Serious question, my brain is not awake enough yet to form a logical conclusion:

Player A is doing 70k dps as a shaman while attacking a group of 3 mobs.
Player B is doing 100k as a runemage while attacking a comparable group of 3 mobs.
Who completes the task of killing the three mobs first?

1 Like

the mage cos it won’t be 70k on all mobs. only lightning and the 5k tick from lava will hit.

1 Like

especially is mage js mishka doing triplicity arcane blast

Depends on what there killing and also what type of mage and the percentage of bleeds and Crits for both of them

maybe let’s get back to rhe point of the post. I thoroughly enjoy shaman and im okay with it doing less dps. as mishka said its simpler and thats why I dont think it needs a buff. shaman is very much a support/utility class imo. it does less damage so that it can interrupt very often, polymorph, frost, shield, and provide stuns on bosses.

I’m going to assume that these 3 mobs are sephoteps because you didn’t specify so my answer would be none of them because they will all be dead without a tank (or a full party)

4 Likes

Don’t forget that shaman has RNG on top of RNG. Your score also depends on how many lightnings will be critting.

3 Likes

The only thing I would like to see is a little more range on the orbs. You have to be way too close in most cases and that makes it hard to do battle as a solo in many places.

2 Likes

no not really, you have to be 15 meters away to use the best set

It would be nice if there were an easier way to aim from further imo. If I’m further than 5 meters I feel like I have to break my wrist to aim the orbs properly.

2 Likes

Yea. It would be nice if they weren’t so low to the ground. I’m not sure why they don’t follow along with you like every other wepon.

Shaman is great for multiple targets, but people like to play their main class on bosses too so it really should do higher single dps, maybe a totem to swap out for lightning when you get to a boss

3 Likes

uhhhh i think you mean stun. lightning kind of does a lot of damage.

1 Like

another pure DPS totem could replace either stun or lightning. Just like if they added another arrow to ranger you could replace poison or piercing with it. Because those are already just the meta choices, not the only option. Stun is a sometimes necessary in the loadout due to being the Shaman’s only interrupt. Lightning’s main feature is that it can bounce to other targets though, and that means it isn’t as useful on bosses, especially ones that don’t summon adds.

A different approach, that may not be as popular, would be to increase the utility of the class by making all totems available on your belt.

Can’t switch totems during combat, so if I want to do decent DPS I have stun, fire, lighting, lava equipped at all times. Give me the ability to situationally use shield, frost, or hex on the fly as needed.

1 Like

I dont really think it needs more totems and all this. maybe 5 totems so I can drop frost too. the orbs also need to not disappear when you drop a totem. I do also think people who actually play this class regularly should be the ones deciding whats a good idea and not. I’m not really looking for another “jUsT pLaY mAnIp” situation here.

sure but the dps is crazy. with 4+ crits, I get 100k+ spikes on 10 smoothing

it needs to do more dps on bosses, totems would be an easy solution
but is not the only way it can be done

im fine with a 5th totem slot but the orbs need to not disappear in the air

I’d like to see two things specifically,

1 give orbs a very small jump to hand automatically. Right now if you are set too tall they won’t even move the 6 inches to hand.

B give orbs more distance. Right now I use the iron man method of “throwing” by just lifting and lowering the grip button.
Even 15 meters can be too close sometimes.