Please get rid of the menu system to enter the dungeons

as iv understood it there will not be any other towns or cites in reborn, let alone full hubs. Highsteppe has been made to be the central hub for everything. This is because in the old game guild city was deserted, with everyone in Highsteppe anyways

1 Like

I would say i prefer going to places and dungeons scattered around the world.
I liked the change of scenery, brief pause, feeling like you had been on an adventure and time to think for what i need to do in this next dungeon/what mechanics it has.

The current head slam into a portal, back up 2 meters and select the dungeon is un-intuitive and immersion breaking. so that should defiantly be re-done, a good suggestion i saw was to make it like the old tradu mines way of going into like a hub to then choose your dungeon.

By keeping all the dungeons in highsteppe, I think this would indirectly effect other things. for example reagents wont be useful as you don’t need to go anywhere.

in terms of how far you should go, of course the raids was a long walk to get to and nothing should be that far from a teleport stone. I personally think the distance for the dungeons from teleport stones in the original was good as it gave you enough time to see the world but not drag on to feeling ‘far’.

Once people become level 30 and only do dungeons and raids will this mean we never leave highsteppe? I’m not a fan of that idea. Why even bother making Lamavora, Rainforest, Hulthines basin and the Wastelands if we are never going to go there? (slighlty off topic but we barely go to the wastelands and Hulthines basin as it is from my experience of leveling) Highsteppe is the ‘hub’ I understand but it doesn’t mean EVERYTHING has to be there.

7 Likes

I would be disappointed if all the dungeons are in highsteppe. There’s already not much reason to go out into the world, since even level 1 enemies outside highsteppe drop on-level gear. Giving even less reason to go out and see the world would be really disappointing.

2 Likes