Proposal to improve market stall data modeling, automation, and awesomeness

Yeah, most people aren’t willing to use or aware of the forum bidding thing on Google docs. It’s kind of obscure.

Yes, I think the current model closely matches a real world model for one type of sales that expects a vendor to make an account and manage their products with a regularly invested amount.

I feel however that even if trying to match that model the current system has some significant problems, I also feel that there needs to be a way for more people to leverage the system with less burdens on the developers.

If there has to be a system for hard core players to have exclusive high visibility stalls it should be modeled and automated appropriately.

In the real world there are more types of marketplaces because the average person can’t keep the shelves of a retail store stocked constantly, so they sell in yard sales or on craigslist, or on eBay.

There are already loads of stalls, whole cities worth that go unused in Orbus. So why not get some utilization out of them.

A buying channel would work well too, but that alone presents so much development work it is daunting.

I have many years of experience in online and retail sales as well, and my assessment of the current system is it could use improving.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.