Pvp etiquette? Discussion

So I’m new to mmo is there any unspoken pvp rules and or pvp etiquette. Or just mmo etiquette in general please let me know I don’t wanna be ignorant and step on toes when I have my pvp on

2 Likes

This isn’t unspoken but a lot of players seem to forget it. When you have pvp on, you are giving consent to being killed and losing all tradable items (except dram). If you are killed fairly (fairly being without the use of exploits), the other person did not do anything wrong.

4 Likes

Okay cus last night I killed a player in rainforests twice and he got really mad and said he was reporting me I felt bad afterwards so now I don’t really want to be in pvp if that’s how some people react.

Coming from someone who was strictly since basically reborn came out, 90% of players will get upset and not just say gg or nice shot.

1 Like

Don’t feel bad. People with PvP on should know that not only can they be killed by other players, but they probably will be killed by other players. There’s nothing uncommon about getting the drop on somebody, shooting them in the back, and then running. There’s nothing uncommon about grouping up to kill somebody. In PvP, anything except exploits is fair game!

If that person reported you for killing them in PvP, nothing’s going to happen because you broke no rules. If you taunted them and bullied them, that’s one thing, but just killing is fine.

4 Likes

One thing I hate though is if I get mob pk’ed/trained while in pvp mode by someone not in pvp, my items drop, and someone with pvp on pounces on my items. (Hasn’t happened yet, but if they then trade all the items to the person not in PvP, I wouldn’t be able to even get my items back.)

Personally, I feel it goes against etiquette to take loot if you didn’t actually kill the person.

If you get your items taken by someone who didn’t kill you, oh well. You turned pvp on and in doing that, you are asking for the consequences of losing items. Don’t carry so many items lol.

5 Likes

Its generally bad manners to kill people who are dueling or to establish rules before fighting them and then violate them.

If 2 people go out in front of highstepe with the express intent to fight each other and you roll up on them and kill them they probably aren’t going to be happy with you. This one can be a bit subjective because sometimes you might not know if two people are dueling but its generally expected that people try their best not to intentionally ruin other people’s role play.

If someone establishes rules before a duel you are expected to follow them and highly deceptive luring or baiting is highly looked down upon. Some things i see people do sometimes that can lead to developing a bad reputation are: taking bags after agreeing not to take them, having other players in your party hide and join in on the fight, attacking before the fight starts, and trying to convince sprouts and children into fighting them so they can steal their stuff.

In terms of just roaming the wilderness or doing goblin token basically just don’t violate tos and you’ll be fine. Anything goes so feel free to ambush people, party up, and cheese fights just don’t be toxic afterwards.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.