Question on Citadel Boss 3

Regarding Boss 3 in the Citadel Raid, sometimes when you shoot the orbs down, it flies down and does an AOE targeted on a player, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Devs: Can you tell us whether there’s a logic behind when it comes down and explodes vs gets destroyed in the air, or if it’s just random?

Other players: Have you found any way to influence which happens?

2 Likes

also what is the lore behind it?

Bumping because 7 of us are sitting here testing trying to figure out the pattern. Is there a pattern, devs? Is this something we should continue spending hours on, or is it us looking for something that doesn’t exist :smile:

inb4itisarandombug

Make sure to test based on controls where you only change specific variables!

1 Like

Oh trust me, we’re not new to testing mechanics :laughing: No luck today on the suns!

It’s working as intended, but it’s not a deep mechanic with mysterious reasons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay but to elaborate more on the actual mechanic I think you are refering to:
One out of two orbs spawns a sun when you kill both of them. That is basically it.

@Mathieu_D
Are you saying having both orbs shot and no sun spawn sometimes is an intended mechanic too?

2 Likes

Yes, that is working as intended.

Wait, so is it random or something we can influence xD the goal for us is to figure out the reason why it sometimes doesn’t spawn the sun that hits us. Is this something we can do?

You must praise the sun more if you want to receive its warm shining rays.
Just kidding, but it’s just random.

4 Likes

Brb praising the sun!

1 Like

RIP. Thank you for clarifying. <3

1 Like

so any lore? no? ok :frowning:

1 Like

5 Likes
3 Likes

thats the song from the bee movie!!

Also official lore. If it’s not, Riley will correct me.

wait whats lore!

That song was created by Bards before Seflopet went crazy

1 Like

stemlopht**

2 Likes