Quick Update on Sprint Four and Shard Dungeon Mutations

No indeed I do not think that is the point, at least not regarding the grind-part. It is for organized groups, yea sure, likely, but the former need for grinding is reduced already by the guaranteed roll for everyone, and it’s a step into the right direction imo. For those who want a grind, well we can go farm dyes and oneshot 2000 mobs already, over and over, to get a set of cobalt or whatever.
But for advanced groups, what’s the challenge if you need hop through countless lower level dungeons, over and over, just to get to the real challenging content? That will, possibly, make people loose interest faster and thus do the opposite of what you say it’s supposed to do, bridging time until raids etc. come.

Actually i see it happening already. We genuinely had some extremely active people quit the game in the last couple of weeks because of the boring grind of SD 1 to 4 pretty much. Players want to be able to get home from work and jump in to challenging content with others without having to spend half the night of the 3 hours they have getting a shard to level 6 before attempting it.

2 Likes

If the lower levels aren’t challenging then even if you fail a 6 than you just have to do 3 to 6 the next day. Only need to do lowers if you fail at 3 or 4 or you skip the hard dungeons like crypt or forest

thats true i guess. I dont really have a problem with it. Just saying some people do.

For all you complaining about Shard Dungeons broken, poor designs, and time sinks for these dungeons…

You do know that they just added a new ability to fix shard dungeons… The ability to NOT GO IN!

Stop complaining and do something else, good grief they are working and releasing updates faster than most MMO’s out there today.

Its not a requirement to go in these dungeons…Enter at your own risk, just have fun.

And if the new ability isnt for you… Maybe go create your own game with perfect dungeons, no bugs, flawless on a VR.

sorry—that last beer is talking atm…

Odd way to say it, but that is the problem. Some players have quit the game, deleted top level characters and all and switching games. And we dont want that!

I just kind of feel that the dungeon reward isent worth it for high level players :neutral_face:

I agree that people can just ignore these if they are frustrated with them, but on the other hand, they are only going to get the issues with them resolved by players playing through them and reporting emergent issues.

2 Likes

We’re making some changes today to make dungeons less of a time sink to get to the difficulty you’re progressing on, which should help it feel less grindy.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.