Quitting Orbus. Here's why

Someone very wise (cough cough @NotScott) once brought up while while we were discussing the life cycle of the player in mmos and how to extend it.

“If you don’t enjoy the game anymore. Change how you play it.”

It was a wonderful thought, and I have used it to full advantage. I hope you find the idea as useful as I did.

Dear Rashad G,

Last night a friend went to McD’s to pick up food for she and I and a couple other friends who were over to watch the Snyder Cut, which she wasn’t really that into and was happy to have a reason to take a break from after 2 hours…

When she gave me my 10 piece McNuggets there were only 9 in the box and when I announced that there were only 9 in the box she just casually replied that she took one.

I did not think that was right and I said so, and she said that it was no different than grabbing a fry off the top of the bag…

BUT IT IS DIFFERENT!

Taking a fry (or even 2 or 3 fries) off the top of a bag with multiple order of fries in it is not a big deal because there is always going to be some loose fries at the bottom of the bag that anyone can claim.
There is no set number of fries in an order, the fry person just fills the container and the volume you get is the volume you get. The expectation is not based on a numerical value, it’s based on the size of the container.

Chicken McNuggets however come in specific sizes and if you order and pay for a 10 piece you are entitled to 10 pieces. Fishing thru the bag to find the McNuggets, opening the box and taking a McNugget is literally no different than opening someones sandwich and taking a bite!

Even after I explained that she still felt justified in having taking one. Her only real argument other than “It’s no different from taking a fry off the top of a bag” is that “They used to come 9 in an order” and that argument is also dumb because I didn’t order “an order of chicken McNuggets” I ordered a 10 piece McNuggets.

She would not relent tho… and the Justice League was about to fight Superman so everyone else in the room told us BOTH to shut up…so I did, and after a minute she did too.

So I was angry, but I did not blame McDonalds for not putting 11 McNuggets in the box. It would have been unreasonable for me to do so.

Sincerely,
Me

2 Likes

My guess is…The moral of the story is if you like Orbus, then you will find something to do and play for as long as you like Orbus. If you don’t like Orbus then you will find a reason to leave the game. Simple. A lot of time has been spent giving suggestions on how to fall back in like with the game. The answer is…you will stay or leave for your own reasons.

I’m staying. I still have stuff to do.

3 Likes

The only moral to my story is that no one wants to read any more of this. lol

5 Likes

And here I thought the moral was: “Don’t eat my chicken nuggets dam it!” :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

We must never forget the Mcnugget Tragedy of 2021. Let us have a moment of silence and f it up gamers. F. My your McNuggets forever more be the appropriate or a higher amount.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

What about orbus makes you think it caters to children?

The player base arn’t children. I rarely ever see anyone below the age of 13 past level 10. Like half of orbus is talking to people and just generally socializing and networking. Children are unsurprisingly not very interested in that.

The game doesn’t feel like its difficulty caters to children. The game gets hard in the late game. Something you have yet to even experience seeing as you gave up after level 5 shards.

So please elaborate, what about orbus makes you feel like its made for 3rd graders?

Right on. I love that my McNuggets are no longer considered communal property… I always order them instead of fries because I am not all that into fries…

My point was to illustrate how a passionate, reasoned, righteous argument can be truly uninteresting to anyone who doesn’t care about the subject…

I thought the facetious nature of the post was self-evident. :innocent:

…and frankly I am impressed and surprised anyone read the whole thing… I intentionally tried to make it excruciating to read… lol

So, Thanks! (I think)

2 Likes

McNugget posts always deserve a full read. Especially if theres an injustice.

1 Like

I haven’t touched this post in a while and I just wanna say OP, thank you. Thank you for bringing these hilarious posts and comparisons in response :joy:

1 Like

Yeah ken, except stating complaints and offering suggestions about this game is totally relevant. If you wanna derail and change the subject start your own post.

There is a difference between making a statement and being combative and I think you know that.
I respect your opinion but you don’t seem to want to have much respect for the opinion of others…
Which makes the whole thing kind of amusing IMO.
Sorry you didn’t like my joke.
Stay Gold Ponyboy.

I think everything that needed to be said has been said. Things have gotten off topic and with every reply, the top forum post becomes “I’m quitting orbus”.

Time to let the thread die.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.