Raid Tuning Patch

The Raid Tuning Patch is now live. Any dungeon run begun from here on out will be on the tuning patch.

Generally speaking, all of the bosses are easier than they were, but especially the first 3 bosses should be significantly easier. Most of the adjustments that I made were to damage output from the boss, or how frequently mechanics happen. You still have to be able to successfully do the mechanic in order to complete the fight, but if you’re just learning it should go easier.

Thanks!

6 Likes

I’m guessing you’re witholding details to avoid spoiling fight mechanics so I won’t ask anything too revealing.

Did the bug affecting the first boss get fixed?

Did the health bug on the fourth boss get fixed?

That’s all for now. Thanks for the balance adjustments Riley. You did those pretty fast accompanied with all the day 1 bug fixes. Great work with the raid launch.

2 Likes

As of right now boss 1,2,3 all feel balanced! 4 is still a bit off with the bell mechanic and 5 is still going be a long kill for people wearing shard 5 gear which might push it very close to the enrage timer. Overall very impressed with the raids even tho the gear is a bit lacklustre in the stats department. (Gimme set bonuses!)

5 Likes

That was fun, actually way more fun than I expected. Today was my first raid in my first MMO so I’m pretty stoked about that.

In case the devs thought they’ve been fixed, they didn’t. Just ran a raid and both of those issues are still there.

Something I would like to see as a change to raids is bosses being locked off until the previous boss or bosses has been killed. For example you would need to kill boss 1 and 2 to access 3, This would give more of a sense of progression instead of skipping a boss to attempt another without out downing the previous boss. As of right now you can run straight to boss 5 which takes from the feel of a classic raid environment.

3 Likes

The bug affecting the first boss was not fixed on purpose (I decided it was fine as-is for now).

And the bug affecting the fourth boss was not a tuning issue so I didn’t fix it yet, but will eventually.

Hey Riley and team,

Yesterday we were able to get the second boss down finally (thanks for the changes, the encounter is super fun now). However…

The third boss seems to be suffering from big leashing/de-agro issues where you will be in the middle of combat and it will de-agro at certain times.

1. De-agro occurred when tank pulled boss on the left side of the room (up the ramp) and towards the back ramp closest to the entrance to boss 4.
  2. Unknown cause of de-agro after dodging his targeted jump (after the big room wide AOE).

We were super close to beating the third boss yesterday, and will likely down him very soon. It sucked to see his HP go from 25% left to have him de-agro and reset back to the center of the room. We had some people in our raid that recorded it and can hopefully get video of the de-agro issues soon.

Another thing the boss suffers from seems to be some sort of lag when dodging the jump after the big AOE. At least two of our raid members (myself included) died from the jump despite being visually outside of the jump and bosses smaller AOE. It happened to other members of our party as well, but they were able to survive with Unbending.

Other than that, having fun so far!

Yeah the leash range is a bit smaller than the room so it leash at the corners, it needs to be increased.
The second issue is probably just the first if you were close to the corners, never happened to us inside the aggro radius.

Second issue happened when seeming to dodge towards a wall, but at this point I’m not sure. :-/

I will increase the leash radius on that fight.

It sounds like there may be a mechanic there that is actually causing that to happen that is intended if I’m understanding correctly. The leap itself (before the followup AoE) does damage in a way that can be mitigated with a certain strategy.

Glad to hear that the tuning changes were somewhat successful though. Keep us updated as you continue your attempts. My goal/assumption with the tuning is that if you are a group that runs together regularly and can do mid-tier Shard content (for example), the first three bosses should go pretty quickly (e.g. get them down in the first week of attempts), and then 4 and 5 should provide you with some nice challenge that might take a few weeks of concerted effort to learn and conquer.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. We are able to “dodge” that initial jump using strategy. The issues we were seeing is where people were taking the “jump” damage and dying after having teleported (and being outside of the post-jump AOE for reference). Their ghosts would be where they were porting to as opposed to being dead with the boss on top of them (if they got hit by the boss jump).

Hmmm okay, if you can get a video of it I will take a look. The only other thing I’ll say is that the boss damage is “calculated” right as he starts the jump, not finishes it. The strategy to mitigate it would be employed before that point and is not just “dodge away as the boss jumps toward us.”

Also the fix to increase the leash range is live as of now for any new dungeon instances.

1 Like

Nah it wasn’t normal leashing issues - people were well within the leash boundaries. This was happening around the middle ramps on the ground floor.

1 Like

Yeah it was mainly on the left side middle ramp as you come into the room, Right side doesn’t seem so bad tho!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.