Ranger tile suggestion

please please PLEASE devs can we have a normal arrow tile? solo proc ranger tiles are rly bad rn besides time manip and only 2 rotations proc that. ( @Mathieu_D )

I don’t think ranger should have a normal arrow tile because that would make everything way too easy. I think manip ranger is a healthy skill barrier for a class that is otherwise a tiny bit skill capped. maybe you could give a tile for hitting a crit spot but again I think that would dumb down late game ranger tiles too much. Same thing goes for giveing a tile specifically for charge shots in addition to the change in timing they cause. I guarantee manip ranger would instantly stop existing if any of these happened

I think some scarcity in options can be beneficial to the creativity and diversity of optimized builds. I do however agree that ranger is probably a little too limited but its hard to fix because ranger doesn’t really have a lot of things to proc tiles with.

Some things I think could be done:

• give a tile for hitting an enemy with stun trap. It would be awkward and situational but would possibly incentivise a playstyle of quickly hoping in and out to throw their traps and/or precise trap yeeting. Also rapidity rangers might be able to utilize it a little better because they stand a little closer.

• take some unappreciated arrow like spread arrow and make it weak but with a very short cooldown. Also give it a tile if it doesn’t already and make it double hit like piercing to naturally proc 2/sec. That way you could have a unique and interesting build to bridge the gap between normal and manip ranger in the same way that scoundrel has slightly easier but less optimized late game alternatives to scotts build.

Ultimately ranger doesn’t really need a buff and any changes in performance would need to be mostly counteracted. Basically what this means is that stronger tiles means the class will be weaker early game before they get tiles than it was without the change but there is greater incentive and reward for players getting tiles and learning how to proc them. Where you draw the line for this is totally subjective. You dont want to lock a classes viability behind a paywall but you want to reward players for playing in sophisticated ways and investing resources into making those tiles.

Does anybody actually use manip ranger in live situations? From my understanding it was a theorised set Scott made that’s too ridiculous to apply in shards.

Yeah that was probably a bit poorly worded. I meant it in reference to the greater category of shenanigans people do with their piercing poisons and/or arching shots.

My point still stands that support should be provided but in a way that doesn’t reduce the complexity of late game ranger.

Every other dps class changes how they play when they get tiles and I think making normal shot proc tiles would make it way too easy to perfectly proc tiles without doing that.

Thinking about it more though doing it for crit spots or charge shots would be a very simple and realistic solution although I would just want to do it for trap first and see if someone could make that work

1 Like

Maybe another type of new tile could fit instead that would be a combination of normal arrows and special arrows. Currently there are (to my knowledge, which is poor at best):

• hits every x-y seconds tiles
  • piercing tile
  • poison tile

Perhaps adding tiles that combine some of these would allow more customization:

• x normal + piercing
  • x normal + poison
  • x crit spots + piercing
  • x crit spots + poison
    (etc)

Just an idea.

I am but not the time manip rotation. I use a different rotation because of how unrealistic it is. I’m seeing a LOT of players saying just play time manip not knowing how unrealistic it is on anything besides mutated rat aka anything that has mechanics i have to do.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.