Read journal while on transport ship

While on the flying machine transport, if I open my journal to look at the map or read up on a quest etc., the journal will stay “in place” while my body moves away from it. Is there anyway to have the journal remain with my body while on the transport?

2 Likes

Grab it really really fast when you flip your compass and don’t let go

5 Likes

This also happens with runemage spells, I would love to be able to practice while flying (especially when I already saw most of the routes)

2 Likes

this is more of a function of the physics of the game than a bug… since there is no inertia when you take you book out its a stationary object and your moving at high speed… if the game had physics it could account for that but since it does not i dont see any way it could ever be fixed… just my thoughts…

Slandaro

I am no game designer but couldn’t you just make the journal part of the character when opened? Sort of like how a sword doesn’t blow away or a bow, the journal when opened can remain attached to the character?

Similar solution would be making the journal open like the menu for the bag does. On the vive its the top button of either controller. Make one button open the menu and the other open the journal, OR have a ‘‘open journal’’ option added into the menu options… this would also remove the odd way the journal is opened currently.

I found my flying journals so funny, the land must be covered with them by now :smiley: I do worry more about my pet though, little Toasty is always gone for good as well, I fear one day he might get sucked into the airship’s turbines :smile:

4 Likes

The easiest approach would be to either fix it to the playspace (which moves with the ship and teleports but still allows you to walk around it) or even better but way harder if not easily supported by the game-engine use the ship as the platform that the journal and your char is fixed to (then you should also be able to move on the ship as you do on the ground)

Try blowing your horn as a warrior while on the airship. Funnies sound in the game =)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.