Reagent edit suggestion

This is my opinion. I think runemage is a skill based class and something like reagents should not be a thing that limits the class. Make the rituals more difficult and reagents a way for other classes to resurrect or teleport. Again this is only my opinion.

They aren’t a limit on the class, they are a limit on convenience (only portals and resurrection). I see no reason they should be removed. The rituals are purposefully easier so that a larger amount of the population can do them.

6 Likes

Frankly, we need more things like reagents, not none. Valuable consumables are the basis for a good economy.

6 Likes

Agreed to a point, with how much teleporting gets done people hold off on resurrection except for the most frustrating or mob infested walks. If anything I think the drop rate should be increased or the amount so you can potentially get 1-3 reagents when that item drops which could influence the economy more and see them in stalls in greater supply.

I absolutely disagree with OP.
Everything shouldn’t be easy, handed to a player on a silver platter, and simplified.

Reagents give the player a meaningful choice in whether you want to make a portal to save time or not. Or IF you can rezz a friend at all.
[I still miss reagents in WoW. I actually miss Soul Shards from the Warlock class being items (they just needed to stack).]

I think the drop-rate on Runemage Reagents is tuned well.
Sure, hey, I’d love to be swimming in them. But the rate at which I acquire them and want to use them is pretty balanced, meaning I do give a second of thought as to where I am and where I want to go and how I can get there before I use one to open a portal.

But too, this is just my opinion.
I agree with @Luvstosmooch’s reasoning.

…next:
I expect someone to post “I wish the not-a-hearthstone device had no cooldown so I could teleport back to my home anytime all the time”. :stuck_out_tongue:
…and then:
can we have a non-VR mode for Orbus? I’m too tired to wave my arms around as a warrior, I want to press a button on my keyboard to swing! :rofl:

7 Likes

You’re right, the game should not be too easy. But I still like the idea that other classes can use them to resurrect or make portals.

1 Like

Everyone has the ability to get a wand and use it. Reagents drop for everyone, regardless of which class they’re currently playing, so that’s cool. =)

And we’ve been told that the Musketeer will have its own class-based resurrect ability! W00t!

1 Like

Hahaha I had a cold last week and wanted to play Orbus. That crossed my mind but I was like naaahhhhhh !

1 Like

I think it would be cool if like potions you could manufacture your own reagents…

1 Like

I think reagents SHOULD be a gating factor for resurrection and teleportation. In fact, I feel like all classes should have some type of “ammo” which can be exhausted… but that might be going too far.

However, I also think that reagents should be craft-able (even if it’s fairly expensive at first)…

I don’t disagree with craftable reagents but currently reagents aren’t all to hard to find, especially during end game content where you can run to a field of lower level enemies and wipe the floor with them. Sure there’s no guarantee you’ll find them but similar to fishing you have to be patient for results

1 Like

I can agree with that. Crafting reagents is something that could come later, but it is not feasible at this moment.

Imo everything is well balanced the way it is (:

I don’t mind the Reagents for use in resurrections, but an option to use Dram for teleportation rather than reagents would be cool. Cost would be dependent on distance, ala FFXIV. That would be great. For a lore perspective, there’s a little demon on teleport pillars that steal your dram when you appear through them.

2 Likes

They may drop quickly for an end gamer, but as of now I hoard the heck out of my reagents and almost never teleport or res.
Maybe drop levels should be level dependent so someone can’t go wipe the floor with low level creatures and amass them so easily.

Sometimes I do like to play teleport roulette though where I draw random symbols in a different order to see where it sends me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.