Reborn Beta 1: Getting Started

Dear Mathieu

https://community.orbusvr.com/t/how-do-i-link-my-orbus-vr-account-to-the-website-account/12021/2

I have the game on oculus but I made an account after I got the game. ive been trying to link it so that I may play the beta. please respond soon seeing that the beta is out and I would like to play

Thankyou very much
-Dante

Thanks I tried to close out and restart now I’m downloaded the whole client again so once it’s done I’ll try again fingers crossed

Hi, I moved your message here so we can hopefully help you out.

Okay so your game has some kind of corrupt file it looks like. I would try to download the zip file I posted earlier that has everything pre-downloaded and see if that fixes it. If not let me know.

You are getting an error indicating the launcher isn’t able to save your game token properly (which is how we log you in to the game). Be sure your game folder was unzipped to your Desktop or Documents folder where it will have write permissions without needing to be an Administrator, or try running the launcher as an Admin to see if that helps.

Dante – You link it the first time you login to the base game. When you launch the base game, it asks you to login so it can link your Steam/Oculus account to your OrbusVR account. Is it possible you have more than one OrbusVR email registered?

thankyou for moving this here unfortunately my brother had bought the game & doesn’t remember the password.we would also like to link the game to my account seing that he rarely plays and wants to link it to mine. also he dosn’t want to play the beta and I would like to.

is there any way to switch accounts without repurchasing the game or losing the save data??

edit: we can find out his password,so all we need to do now is switch the data to my account how can we do this

YAY! Back in game. Run as Admin worked. Not sure why. Reborn is saved on the same secondary (E:) drive as all my other VR games.

If you can send me an email on his account I can move it over to yours. Email me at [email protected]

So quick general status update. I have a fix for the “Player Names as 0” (and all the other networking errors it is causing) building right now. We should have that out the door in around 30 minutes. Then I will start in on some of the other bug reports we are getting. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

There’s a new patch available now for download. Restart your Launcher to get it. I will post a download zip of it pre-downloaded here in about 20 minutes as well.

In addition to fixing the networking errors leading to the “0” names in-game, this patch:

• Has some performance improvements for the graphics and culling things
  • Makes it so the pulse on the Orb of Harm only activates when you are in combat for the Bard
  • Restores the ability to see other player’s dragons flying in the dragon racing courses.

Thanks!

1 Like

Here’s the compressed ZIP file with the patch pre-downloaded:

https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.05.zip

Now that we have the “0 Names” bug fixed, if there is anyone who is still not able to get in-game and play at all (e.g. stuck at login menu) please respond here and let me know and I will try and get those bugs fixed.

Re-downloading did not help, but still seems to be a local problem.
Works fine to log in on our other computer, but cant log in to this one.

Swaping to a player with pre-generated charecter did not help, currently testing out with Burnaters accout (playing as Trogdor)

That would be my account

There is another patch out now which has the following fixes:

• Aggro on the Bard has been reduced
  • Other player’s hands should now be working properly and showing up again (and you can see if they are pointing, gripping, thumbs-upping, etc.)
  • Fixed the Bard notes not being colored like they were supposed to be.
  • Fixed the Charged Shot icon not showing up for the Ranger
  • FIxed a bug which was causing the teleporter not to regen during combat if you rested your thumb on your touchpad/joystick. It shoudl now regen as long as you aren’t sliding at a high speed.
  • The Bard music has been turned down in general and can now be heard from less far away by other players.

Restart your Launcher to get the latest patch, and I’ll post a pre-downloaded version in a moment. Thanks!

not sure if it has been mentioned, but interupts on any mobs dont work, and their attack goes off regardless.
also there is a cave in the back of the jungle where once u get to a certain point u lose all ability to move, and have to return to graveyard
also the little guys special explosive kick insta kills everyone nearby, with no chance of stopping it since the interupt sequence is almost instant

So looking back at the blog post, I may not have explained this well, sorry for that.

Some casts can be interrupted. Such as heals. And blocking can also be interrupted.

But most offensive attacks cannot be interrupted. They are like the old “red area attacks”, the goal is to dodge them. If an attack cannot be interrupted, you should see an orange Shield icon appear to the left of the casting bar to show that it cannot be interrupted. I mean, other than killing the monster before it goes off.

The Brute Slam, Rusher Explosion, and Mage Poison and Nature Bolt all cannot be interrupted. The Mage Cure Wounds and the Stick Caster Blocking can be interrupted.

The Wild Bolt ability seems hit or miss. If I stun early it’ll interrupt, but it usually goes off anyway. Also after a stun, the wild bolt bar goes away but it still casts. The stick self heal stance thing can be interrupted just fine.

Yeah it’s possible there is some lingering stuff from the old stun behaviour that is messing with it, I’ll take a look. But yeah it’s not supposed to be possible to interrupt, just dodge, those types of spells currently.