Reborn Beta 4: Patch Notes

Some fishing feedback:

1. can we get some audio feedback on hooked fish? i never knew how much i needed haptic feedback until my haptic feedback died.
  2. Please change the color of the bobber. The white bobber on white-ish water makes it impossible to see
  3. make the line a few pixels larger and make it stand out more from the background. (it basically blends in to the water and ground… really hard to see the colors atm.
  4. The fishing rod should be quite a lot smaller when it is on your belt… it is HUGE and sticks out really far (super distracting if you want to just have it equipped)
  5. There are no more fishing quests (with tutorials) that tell you what lures you need to get which fish…I’m assuming they havent changed… but for new players it may be a bit hard to figure this out
  6. Being forced to hold grip for the fishing rod is actually really uncomfortable
  7. The fishing rod enters your hand at whatever angle you grab it… which can lead to some really odd positioning unless you make absolutely sure that you grabbed it correctly
  8. Please make fishing quests give numbers of fish instead of %. (i know this is also listed under the missions thread)
  9. The reel is backwards if you put the rod in your left hand.
  10. The minnow on the lure crafting station is not where the object is. It is super hard to grab, and once grabbed, it is way off to the side.
  11. Objects grabbed on the lure crafting station get stuck to your hands if you dont use them.
  12. fishing in the flooded rainforest sucks… the lure teleports up to the tree tops.

also when i kill adds when i have no plunder drangon is annoying when i cant reach it !

(upload://jmfvezqmRSjnm5WL9SbFQGbtvnl.jpeg)

As a tank and fighting any mob big enough gay the reactive health bar would be useful what ends up happening is that the health bar will just go into his chest, making it unseeable

I can still hear people I have muted, this is an issue on both the beta and the live game

@Riley_D There is an invisible wall near me in the rainforest… when you fish, it teleports your lure to somewhere super super far away… i actually cant stop fishing atm… dropping the rod doesnt reset it.

After home teleporting from the Dev boss event, I got stuck where all I could see was the grid you can see on the oculus mirror, my house still loaded on the main window but couldn’t see it on the headset

Yeah I’m not really sure what happened halfway through the boss event but I had to actually turn off my game and restart it to get anything to work again. So probably just a bug from there being so many people around all shooting off spells and stuff at once.

We are making some changes to the way things work on the server before the next Beta that I think should free up a lot of resources for those larger-scale fights. Now that the graphics lag is much better thanks to the work on the art side I am trying to get the processing/networking code up as well so we can hopefully do like 60-80 person events on a fairly regular basis.

5 Likes

We just did a new server restart. The PvP Honor Ranking has been run for the first time, so you should see your new rank if you’ve been participating in that. Also we made some additional fixes to the dungeons and their invisible walls.

Thanks!

1 Like

anyway u can post the top 10 people or so?

1 Like

Fishing Feedback:

-It is hard to fish now as you can’t see the line and the haptic feedback is on the whole time while reeling so you can’t feel the fish.
-I can’t see my lure on the fishing line.
-Having to hold the grip button down the whole time to hold the fishing rod is a problem
-Having to use both belt slots is a big problem for anyone with PvP enabled. Not being able to carry around potions is a pretty big disadvantage when you get jumped while fishing. Could you make it so you can equip the lure to the fishing rod?
-Very hard to see the bobber as others have mentioned
-Fishing pole is massive on belt, could you please shrink it

1 Like

It also causes you to constantly be mounting and dis-mounting… which is really weird and kind-of annoying. Can you just set it to ‘stay equipped’ until you put it behind your head?

1 Like

Dragon breeding is 24 hours now, it was 12 in the other orbus, will it be staying like this or was it just a mistake?

If you plan on keeping it twice as long could you please drop it down to 22 or 23 hours, when at 24 hours you end up having it get pushed back slightly each day while you get treats and rearrange which dragons you want to breed and will end up messing with peoples scheduled and then they have to miss a day to get it back to a suitable time, honestly though, 12 hours was great

2 Likes

I tried fishing for the first time, works ok apart from the mentioned bugs, but this is the worst one, having to hold the trigger all the time prevents the activity for me (I’m near carpal tunnel with both wrists, constantly, since a long time). The net gun or pickaxe I only have to hold for seconds before I can release and do other movements, but cramping the trigger like this is sadly impossible to do - for me - for 20-40 mins.

We are definitely planning to introduce some kind of “sticky holding” for tools including the fishing rod.

There’s a new patch out now on the server and client, with the following changes:

• Auction House improvements, including bug fixes like drop down list covering search results.
  • Added a numeric-only keypad which should show up when typing in numbers.
  • The default search menu will now show “None” for item categories so you can more quickly see lots of stuff.
  • Fixed “Gambler” naming on Character Creation screen for Scoundrel.
  • Server-side lots of improvements to memory usage and GC timings; should result in fewer “global pauses” during times like combat.
  • Focused monster healthbars (such as those that move into your vision) will now always be rendered on top of any other objects.

You can get the new client build here: https://rebornpatch.orbusvr.com/file/orbusvr/update/RebornLauncher-2.66.zip

1 Like

Since the start of this beta none of the mobs have had their names above their head unless they are in combat, I know you’ve added the focused health bar thing which will show their names but I would love to see the names of mobs above their head without the need of doing that, it has been such a pain to do some of the missions because the directions of the missions not being clear and then this on top of that, is it intended to be this way in reborn or will this be addressed before then?

1 Like

After the Dev event, Rickness, Landru and Kizzleton all got sent to the log in screen went we went over to Flying high dragon race and now when we log back in we are in a different zone and level 0, sending log

edit: We’re all logged out now

See if it’s fixed now.

It is! Thank you :smiley:

I did a little bit of fishing earlier and can’t really think of anything that hasn’t already been covered by others in this thread or the mission thread but one thing I would like to see is an option in the settings to increase vibration of the controllers, there was a change to the vibration of Oculus controllers ages ago on the live game (probably to increase batter life or something?) and I’ve wanted to increase it ever since, if you could add that to the settings then people could set it how they like it and if it kills there batteries quicker then that’s their choice (Myself and many others have rechargeable batteries for oculus controllers anyway) not only does this effect fishing, it also effects combat classes with the feedback from bow/sword and I think others would welcome this change too

1 Like