Reborn Boss Mechanics

Carnage has compiled a list of all the Reborn bosses and their mechanics. If you haven’t had the pleasure of killing them yet we posted details on how to beat each boss on our website here https://www.carnagereborn.com/boss-mechanics

1 Like

Booooo. Giving the secrets away waaaay to soon :expressionless:

3 Likes

Also noticed this. Where Riley says that the first boss in the airship dungeon uses a tankbuster but you guys say he doesn’t. Which means either the devs didn’t implement the tankbuster or you guys missed it?

Or we just didn’t make it do enough damage haha.

Also there is a mechanic on the first boss in the Airship Dungeon I don’t think anyone has picked up on yet and clearly that means I need to make it matter more.

Ima go head and assume no one notices the tank buster or the new mechanics because after the first poison drops he stops all basic attacks, but during that time he kicks my ass

1 Like

he is awesome to tank none shard as a warrior

I saw someone else mention that – he just stands there? But keeps dropping danger pools and orbs from the sky?

I’ve only done the dungeon twice as either mage or bard. Both times, the only thing that happens is the poison pools drop from the sky. He will follow the tank around though. I’m not even sure he has attack animations, though a Paladin/Warrior might know better about that part.

Yes, decently frequently he will stop attacking and stand next to whoever has agro and will keep dropping danger pools, but no attacks. I don’t know if this is intended but mage pushback seems to get weaker and weaker when trying to interrupt the Minotaur enrage.

yup, leading to that point a basic could do 30% of my health, but once he drops the first poison/orb the only damage i will ever take is if i step into the poison/it lands on my head. while he would follow me if i move too far away, i can be a decent bit away from him before he moves to me

I was actually going to report that today. The first boss on the Airship seems to be getting stuck on his own poison pools and then he just stands there the whole time. That would be why nobody has noticed his tank buster.

The biggest pain I experienced when I created Carnage is it’s too hard to get started in Orbus. All other MMOs have this kind of information readily available but all of the top guilds in Orbus want to keep it a secret for far too long. After the first kill has been claimed and your guild has downed the boss multiple times I see no point in keeping it secret any longer.

1 Like

i disagree. the most fun to have on a boss is to experience it through your own eyes and figure out the mechanics. I’d rather wipe a lot attempting to find out the mechanics than wipe a lot already knowing the strat, but ppl mess up.

1 Like

I agree with @Xicor. I enjoy figuring it out myself.

1 Like

Well it doesn’t effect you at all then because you can still do that, just don’t look at the mechanics on our website. And the players who are more casual and want some help are able to get it as well.

2 Likes

Exactly, and now that we have random groups/queues it’s entirely silly to keep it secret since 4 ppl already “figured it out” (which is, mostly, getting told by players of the VERY first group in guild who went in… as if people could walk in and “figure themselves” lol who really does that…) and newbs are just a hindrance for them. In the queues I was there’s not much explaining either, due to the missing discord. Every outside source will help the queue.
Who does not want spoilers, as with every other page, just don’t go there.

In WoW you could read detailed boss mechanics before they even launched, the top guilds prepared their whole setup in advance by reading and it still does not help knowing what to do, you need to be able to do it. Even more in VR where it comes to physical movement, not only hitting keys.

1 Like