Reborn isn't for me

Scarcity is the foundation of any economy. Although I’m not enough of a sharder to know whether this is the “fast food and fancy restaurants” scarcity or “Hunger Games” scarcity.

1 Like

I think that once raids come out - the amount of shards run will be a lot less and the potion buildup from them will be offset by the use in raids. In OG Orbus when they were both out, it was a good system. It gave another path aside from material grinding and potion making at the cost of needing more people. I think that at this point having material turn ins for rep or just something that gives value to the materials would be better. 10x potion recipes make them super easy to mass produce anyway, so I don’t know how much the value removing some of the shard potions would add.

2 Likes

I personally like getting pots from loot because I’m not going to spend 8 hours a day running around collecting mats just to be ‘ready’ to spend another hour (the actual time many have to play) to join in some content. But I don’t need a ton of them, just enough to burn when playing. I’m neither collecting them, nor selling them, I’m a drinker :stuck_out_tongue:

This used to be solved pretty well with economy, I’d buy them off a guildmate who enjoyed fishing and farming (OMG boring), or run to pick’s stall and pay a bit more, less when there was some competition (but well within what I might have gathered just breaking down gameplay loot).

I can still do that with the AH concept so am fine with it in theory (if I could click on the menu behind the menu), but I really think the old stall system was more fun for those gatherer/crafter types to have their own shops.

I’m not collecting money to hit some currency scoreboard, or saving for some epic money sink, so I’m actually pretty happy to toss my gold to those who are so we can all do what we enjoy.

7 Likes

Just to be clear the player stalls are eventually making a comeback we just want it to be an automated system instead of me manually doing it.

Yeah I’m kind of thinking maybe we don’t need the bonus chest since Shards are needed for gear right now anyway, that type of mechanic might be better paused until Raids come out.

3 Likes

Thank you for shopping at Picks! Home of the 777 luck potion.

3 Likes

Yep your out of a job Pick. They are automating the stalls!

1 Like

May have to become a street urchin selling apples and flowers.

Haha I meant the bidding for the leases being automated :smile:

5 Likes

I think most are currently blinded by these… it’s true, after leveling 1-3 classes we are drowing in mats, but I am more or less done with event-hoping, not planning to do that just for fun and the intake of bonus chests is almost down to zero once leveling is done.

I have no chance to figure rare fish anytime soon - same in the OG that info was either kept secret or required to be on all day to try places or wait for weather conditions - nor do I think I even can do a recipe with 12 different ingredients or so (with the new crafting setup I can reach 3 a time, teleporting and running to the chest to re-sort even for normals alot…), crafting single potions to get along.
A 10x stack of high-level potions crafted one by one however needs 40 fish, 70 mats lol my mats will shrink in no time.

I simply think most people are not yet at the point where they are done with leveling and turning to use materials. Everyone levels and that’s the reason the flood is there. Once everyone got leveling quests fully done, potions are crafted, sold, etc., by numerous people, it will balance itself I guess.

3 Likes

I 100% agree. I do greatly appreciate that the lure items are no longer stuck in a pvp zone (something that greatly detracted from my desire to fish in OG) but I am still unable to create those potions if only because of the fish requirements.

For some of the “rare” ingredients, I think the locations make it easy to farm and that won’t really change by setting a timer other than that people who are just happening by (read: exploring and not farming for a purpose) will have a harder time getting any.

See BloodMaces in Wastelands - a relatively quick respawn time and only a short distance from teleporter means these are quick to farm for someone at level 30. Compare that to Linistanium with the long respawn time and guarded by a bunch of mobs… If you want to gather a lot, you can… But nobody else will be able to get any (which is especially annoying because of the quest).

If someone is going to farm these, they’re people with the time on their hands to farm it, same as they did in OG. Dropping respawn timers only really impacts the more casual players or people who might want to snag ingredients as they’re performing other activities (rather than setting out solely to farm).

2 Likes

Please don’t forget that the reward chests and the shower of dram/items from them are only there until you level up. After that it can be considered just like farming for anything else. Going from event-to-event, doing the daily/weekly quests should have a reward!

Right now i think since literally everyone is doing all the quests at the same time, leveling up new disciplines with whatever event they can manage to find there is an overabundance of those rewards. But the leveling quests are gone after 2-3 lvl30 disciplines and after that only the new players or new characters will add those items to the economy.

I think there should be some kind of money sink in the game which makes majority of the people to sell those stuff they farm. Korean MMOs solve this with the “enchanting” items like having to buy items either from in-game shop (p2w model…) or from other players to upgrade your items. And when you change your equipment you have to start it again. If those upgrade items are farmed/crafted ingame the game won’t turn into pay-to-win but players will always have something to do in there.

3 Likes

What is stopping someone from rolling alts to farm chests?

Err the boredom and uselessness of it? Why would I want to farm low-level potions and mats - in a really slow pace - if I can spend this very time on my 30s to do the real ones, farm and hunt rare fish instead… seriously rn only a handful seem to realize what’s valuable, what’s not, hint: these chests are not what ya want or be able to make money from :smiley:

2 Likes

My feeling is that there should have been a complete character wipe when reborn launched or a second server that is clean with no character transfer option.

It would have sucked but overall your probably right.

1 Like

@Steve_M1 why do you think that?
Only takes 24 hours to get to 30

why? there is literally no reason for that, you know how much time some people have pu into their character, right?
what would this even accomplish? nothing, it would still be the same, just take a little bit longer to level up and a little bit longer before people started making end game pots, but in the long run it would make not difference at all.

1 Like

So people wouldnt bring the flood of dram mats and pots with them.

1 Like

I played for about a year building pick but this is a different game. The economy is dead because everyone already has a ton of mats and dram. No one has need for much.

1 Like

I dont expect them to delete anyone just saying it could have been done differently

1 Like