Reborn questions

Tiles as in tilesets? I would assume that most bosses do not move around to dodge and the enemies that currently dodge seem to have a timer cooldown on dodge; all you have to do is trigger their dodge with a regular attack then do you tile combo.

To be fair I think there should only really be 1 legendary per class or some classes not even having access to one after all they wouldn’t be that legendary if there was a stupid amount in game, Currently Legendaries aren’t that rare a good percentage of 20’s that run shards have one.

Just to answer a few.

Beards- hopefully in future but don’t think will be in for launch, but we will have the ability to re-make your appearance so if/when they are added you will be able to add them to your character.

Reputation- There will be reputations for each of the mission vendors (so currently 7). The way we are doing missions now allows us more freedom in adding new missions and also new types of missions after launch and continue to add to them so there could be more reputation types in the future.

Journal Pages- There will be new journal pages for the higher tier potions that will be earned/found, but the existing potion recipes from Orbus 1.0 will not be hidden behind ithecac like it is in current game. But the potion might be used for some of the lore quests in game, never know.

Yes new dyes

Yes new fish

We haven’t locked down what is in the current reward crates, a lot of those things (and things the vendors are selling and prices) are mainly just place holders or just getting things in for testing purposes.

Yes you will get new lvl 30 skills for skill trees on the classes.

Dram/rewards are not what it will be in release.

Tinkerer class is still something we are wanting to add into game, but it will not be in for launch. So we are looking at adding it to the first content patch after launch but not committing to that yet.

3 Likes

And level 25?

Extra chars to post

And for the really important thing…

Will you be keeping the iconic “bong bong bong” voice effect?

So far, reborn has been utterly silent on the voice front.

Geez that is a lot of questions! Haha.

Remind me what this is about again? I think I had said previously that tokens like Raid tokens and Jester tokens were just going to become worthless in Reborn (or like, just sell for a token amount of dram). Or are you saying you want to downgrade them in the current game before Reborn comes out or something?

No final decision on this yet but it is being discussed. I would lean toward yes but I don’t have a specific amount we’re raising the cap by yet.

Yes it will be going up, and you should anticipate inflation (i.e. you get more dram from things now than you did before). At the same time, there will be some new dram sinks introduced for high-dram players (e.g. I’m planning on there being a very expensive mount at the very least).

It’s still on the list, but it’s not in yet. Hopefully yes.

They are in at release. The end-game content schedule will essentially be Shard Dungeons in at release, Raids to release around 4-6 weeks post-launch, and then there will be a Tier 2 of content (a couple of new dungeons, increasing the maximum Shard Level, and a new Raid) around 3-4 months post-launch.

I can’t say this is something that is going to be in before launch, no, but it is on my to-do list to look at. I’m not sure how hard they are to add honestly.

The new AH mechanics are opening up some new avenues for that we are planning to explore.

There will only be one legendary weapon for each class at Tier 1, but there will be a second at Tier 2. In addition, all pre-Raid armor is shared among the classes (e.g. leather wearers all wear the same gear), but Raid gear is per-class, so essentially the gear is also filling that role in addition to the weapon.

We have decided to do 30 for sure. I don’t think we’ll be doing 25 but we’ll see. If we do it will be a more “minor” trait. The 30-level traits are major traits that will affect your class in a significant way.

Unfortunately we are having to bump the Tinkerer back to the first content patch. It is still coming as part of Reborn, just not at launch.

I don’t know if that sound will be making a return haha. But we are experimenting (and you will see this in the Beta) with adding more life the city by having actual NPCs walking around and doing things.

5 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to answer our questions!

We want to downgrade Expert to Hard or Hard to Normal in current orbus, some people that I play with have lots of hard/expert tokens but are like say 25 normal mode short from getting the pet/transmog gear they need

Awesome! Thank you! Will this mount be faster by any chance? :drooling_face:

As someone who is in a guild split in to two guilds due to member limit and then having a lot of friends in general, the friend list is something that hurts to use the most, really do hope to see this in shortly after release if it doesn’t make it in time for the release

2 Likes

Will there be changes to the stats on gear? Or will we still have vitality and magical/physical resistance only?

3 Likes

The “mini-affixes” are in on the gear in the new patch (e.g. +1% Crit Chance, +2% Crit Damage, +1% XP Gain, +1% Projctile Damage, +1% DoT Damage, etc.). They appear on the main gear slots, and start showing up on Uncommon gear and above. You can re-roll them like the “major” affixes as well.

In addition to that we’ve collapsed Defense and Mag Defense down to just “Defense”, so your secondary stats on gear are now Vitality and Defense. (Weapons still have Int and Str)

4 Likes

I see, okay. I will see if I can get something like that in as a vendor, I think it should be doable.

5 Likes

Will there be better mini-affixes on higher level gear?

1 Like

You get more of them on the same piece at higher quality levels. The mini-affixes don’t currently scale per level though like the secondary stats do. My guess is most people will just take them as they get them leveling up, but then work on getting the exact set they want at the higher levels.

2 Likes

Just a thought about the mini affixes, if i get a level 18 leather set while leveling a ranger with all pieces having +exp and then switch to a level 4 muskie, will the +exp effect work or will it be like the secondary stats that we wont benefit from until we are level 18 like the gear level?

1 Like

I think this was already answered that you are correct.

Before the servers shut down, should we destroy all our current gear to make sure we have all the transmogs for them? As I understand it all our current gear will be going away and our characters will have a generic set of level appropriate gear from Reborn when we log in.

Edit: Oopsie, just finished reading the blog post. Looks like Riley addressed this. “So it’s still a Beta character, it’s just one that starts with your existing equipment, inventory, name, levels, etc.”

i have multiple full chest tabs of epic gear, should i break them down to get the glimmering shards or will the gear we be given also be the same tear as what they originally were, same for legendarys

So basically what’s going to happen with the current gear is this. You will still have all the same gear pieces, and they are still the same “items” they were before (including stats and rarity level), it’s just that their models will all be switched to the model of the basic starter gear.

Then later on down the road when we re-introduce the gear from the original game, all of the models will be updated on those pieces to be the correct “re-imagined/updated” original pieces.

So as an example, if you have a the Crystal Wand, it will still say its name is Distantly Scattered Light, it will still be Epic, it will still have the same amount of stats (relatively, since the values have changed so we will adjust it for you if needed). But then when you equip it, instead of seeing the crystal wand, you will see the Beginner’s Wand model.

If you hang onto that piece of equipment and put it in your chest, later on down the road we will re-introduce that wand model, and if you pull it back out and equip it, boom it will be correct again.

So, you can hang onto those pieces if you want. You can break them down now if you want and unlock the transmog style (so you can use it in the future when it’s available), or to get shards. Or do nothing and just wait for the new game to come out, and break it down then. Or just hang onto it. It really doesn’t matter because it’s still the same “Item ID” to us, the only thing that’s wrong about it right now is the model that shows up in-game.

I should note that all of those transmog styles for the existing gear/weapons will not show up in Reborn initially even if you unlocked them if the model isn’t in yet, but then again we’re all still tracking that in the background, and when the model is added the styles will show back up as available and if you already had unlocked it, it will still be unlocked.

Hope that helps clear it up, and then basically you can just wait and see how it works in Beta Test 5 as well.

5 Likes

We seem to still have Physical defence

I am really sad that potions aren’t getting hidden again.

Please tell me there will be hidden hard to find stuff like in the first game. Finding that stuff was the best part of Orbus. I was really disappointed when new recepies were just given to us.

2 Likes

Hmmm I likely started bit later (pretty much the week of official release, but the need for recipes I had weeks after that), but it wasn’t hard for me, my guild had exact directions, I don’t like tapping in the dark too much. But still it was fun crafting the Ithecac and then go on the journey to hopefully find stuff before it runs out, the whole Ithecac thing with secret paths opening and what all and the colours changing was a hilarious, great idea, so I also hope it comes back!