Reborn raids drop rates

When the dev team starts working on the raids in reborn, it would be nice if drop chance of loot from a kill would go up small % for every time you killed the boss and then reset once you do eventually get a drop.

10 Likes

I totally agree! Please implement this :pray:t3:

yes please this would be awesome

So the token-based system was an experiment in smoothing out the RNG of the game…e.g. the idea being that you were at least guaranteed to get something useful thanks to the tokens even if the RNG didn’t proc for you naturally. Plus then you can also pick your own reward in case you weren’t getting the piece you wanted (e.g. you’ve gotten shoulders three times but never chest).

I’m not opposed to experimenting with other mechanics in Reborn such as a deck-based chance system for drops or a hidden luck boost if you haven’t gotten a drop repeatedly, for sure.

I think one thing that’s an interesting question to consider is, what are people’s preferences on the spectrum of how often you get drops, at the expense of not getting a “perfect” drop? e.g. we could make the drop rate much higher to get gear in general, so you’d be much faster to get at least a “decent” set in every slot, but you would end up sharding a lot of gear in the quest to get a “perfect” drop.

I think making a spectrum of varied gear that drops more often would be cool. Right now for example we often go through 3 Expert bosses with 10 people and get 0 equipment drops. That is 0 for 30 chances. I think it would be more enjoyable if there was a chance to get T12 or T13 gear as well at higher rates on Expert. That way maybe your groups beats 3 bosses and the group as a whole get lets say 5 drops but 3 are T12 and 2 are T13. That would get everyone geared closer to there goal with out just giving them everything.

Also, I really wish we had more varied gear to spec with. If I could get a +5 Crit damage and +80 INT Bow VS a +100 Str and +5 Regen, That would lead to more interesting choices.

2 Likes

Yeah I think this is the sort of thing we’re leaning towards…not those specific examples but yeah more variety in the gearing so you can make some choices and we can up the drop rate.

Yeah I mean that’s sort of the trade off of doing personal loot drops. You could get 5 people all get drops but you could get 0 drops. We could certainly switch to a system where it’s e.g. a guaranteed number of drops (e.g. 1 per boss in a dungeon, 2 per boss in a Raid assuming 10 people are eligible for drops), but then of course it becomes more like “Oh Greg got a drop instead of me, that’s lame” rather than “well I had my own personal chance and I just didn’t get anything regardless of what Greg got”. Again, that’s kind of where the token comes into play (you get a guaranteed ‘drop’ every boss kill that way).

1 Like

I do agree, I think the personal drop system is better. I do like how you guys have tested new drop systems every time you have added a new layer of end game content. The change up each times is nice.

1 Like

I do like the shard dungeon system, with a random drop and a guaranteed drop that is yours to use, with a reward depending on your progress, and resets after a set amount of time. It’s probably my pick among the three current systems
(one per group in tradu, one per day in shards, both with luck chanse, and just tokens and one luck chance per week for raid)

I don’t like the token system, and I did not like killing the same easy boss five times in a row to get a drop. Getting a reward depending on your progress is more fun.

3 Likes

I love the tokens. I’ve had 2 drops from all of the raids of all levels that I’ve done. No weapons. I’d be a necked musky with no gun and a mage with the fat suit and mask with no wand. Give me tokensssssss.

I still agree to what @Camo3d mentioned that over time the % should increase after every kill. it sucks i am still grinding at my legendary wand. some people just have horrible RNG.

I do like rejinx’s idea that getting gear even if its lower level or not perfect…and the token is nice too so we can choose what we want to get.

A combo of the above would be nice!

1 Like

The increase in drop chance over time could work well with tokes. You would still be hoping for lucky drops of things like legendary weapons or pets, but if you where only getting the same common drop you could use tokens to buy other pieces.

I am hoping for either more diversity in gear stats or a reason to use magic defense armor in a fight because right now the biggest problem I have with tokens is I could save up for a month and get a piece of magic defense gear that I will probably never use.

2 Likes

That is true, even when we have tokens, it is still left up to RNG for magical and defense gear. I wish we had the choice to choose between the two when we make a purchase.

3 Likes

I get that yes we do get tokens but I have legitimately given up all hope on receiving anything from the raid through RNG. Between normal, hard and expert mode I have downed each boss several times and still haven’t received a drop. Then i see other people go in and get a tier 14 legendary on their first boss kill. I get it RNG is RNG but jeez. It really sucks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.