Reincarnation should be removed as a mutation

Currently reincarnation simply adds too much variance that the player has absolutely no control over in shard dungeons. It does not feel good gameplay wise because unlike other mutations (even unstable, which still should be tuned as the mechanic is ), you can’t do anything about it period.

People have complained about whether it was working properly and have suggested it needs re-balancing. I think it should be removed entirely because its simply a stop gap to prevent the highest tier dungeons from being completed on time, through a RNG mechanic that is set at decently high chance (20%).

See threads: Reincarnation working as intended?

And: Reincarnation needs rebalancing

Every single pull now has the potential to become much more than what is expected. And even with the expectation of 20% revival rate, there are plenty of reports where a single enemy is being revived several times in a row. RNG is RNG right? Well mathematically that happening is quite low yet there are multiple reports, and probably many more that just aren’t voiced on the forums.

Please replace Reincarnation, a RNG mutation, with something that can strategically challenge players without adding pure RNG elements that cannot be dealt with at all.

2 Likes

Rebalancing would be fine.

• elites can’t reincarnated
  • mobs that have reincarnated cannot reincarnate again

These 2 changes would be all that it needs, we have had some mobs reincarnate 5 times in a row, with the poison pools appearing under them it can get pretty stupid

7 Likes

This makes sense, as long as the no adjustments are made to increase the reincarnation chance now that there are limitations.

But at that point, I’d just copy WoW and give all mobs a flat 20% hp increase so that its basically as if you’re fighting a reincarnation once every other pull.

2 Likes

Another option would be not have elites reincarnate and 20% of the mobs reincarnate once. You could pick which 20% reincarnate randomly.

what is the difference between this and rickness’ suggestion?

Am I missing something?

1 Like

Yeah, I just added that 20% of the mobs would reincarnate every time to get rid of RNG. So no matter what the same amount of mobs would reincarnate every dungeon run. This makes it so you don’t have some runs that have 5 reincarnations and others have 50.

5 Likes

makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

Another possible fix would be to give clearing credit for each kill even if it resurrects, so if you have to kill the same mob 4 times, it counts as 4 kills toward the completion timer. Thus, the difficulty of the mutation is from unexpectedly not having the mob stay dead, not from happening to have an elite healer respawn repeatedly and take forever and obliterate a good run.

I do like this idea but feel like that would make the t10s to easy.

Agreed Corgi, Reincarnation needs to stay dead.

• It’s too swingy - abberations can reincarnate, and eat up the clock which is awful to experience, but on a different shard it could be a turret that reincarnates, which is a relatively safe mob to deal with.

• It’s really too swingy - reincarnated mobs don’t detect sword swings, so no provokes to peel Corrupted Boars off mages.

• Players cannot strategize responses to Reincarnation, as is possible with some of the other major mutations, due to the tactical nature of mobs sprining back to life unpredictability. It would be better if players were given more choices, instead of being forced to react to random occurrences, especially in timed encounters.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.