Removing damage penalty for not fully drawing the bow on the precision ranger

If u dont pull your back at least ~80% of the visualy displayed distance the arrow u shoot won’t deal full damage.
I assume this is in place so rapidity rangers can’t simply spam fire arrows, that are barely enough to be shot, and get full damage for that.

But precision already has the charge bar forcing the player to fire after a given timeframe so this mechanic seems redundant.

The issue is that this removes an element of control where you can cause the arrow to drop off earlier.
Which is usually really helpful in the common case of trying to shoot over someones head, or if you want to increasing the travel time of an arrow.

7 Likes

I personally feel like it should be kept to at least some degree. Pulling back is part of being a ranger. If its removed entirely then people wouldn’t have to move their hands between arrows which also doesn’t feel right.

I think I understand the issue, but it took me a minute. Essentially a full draw makes the arrow too fast and you want to be able to arc the arrow by having a slightly shorter draw. At what percentage of the draw are you attempting to get? You mentioned roughly ~80% of the distance. ~0%, even for precision, means its more like a crossbow than a bow. Is there an appropriate middle ground?

Also can you elaborate on the distance referenced? “visually displayed distance” I haven’t tested this but I have super short arms and even in testing for me I feel like to get a full damage I don’t have to break my wingspan. Although depending on this distance it feels like short armed people might be a reason to make that shorter as well.

I personally feel like it should be kept to at least some degree. Pulling back is part of being a ranger. If its removed entirely then people wouldn’t have to move their hands between arrows which also doesn’t feel right.

U still need to pull the arrow back to gain arrow velocity, which is the part i definitly want unchanged.
And being 30 meters away u would still need a good amount of that to hit ur target which means:

Essentially a full draw makes the arrow too fast and you want to be able to arc the arrow by having a slightly shorter draw. At what percentage of the draw are you attempting to get? You mentioned roughly ~80% of the distance

Excactly i want to cause the arrow to fly in an arc.
Considering there is no numerical display in game to show how far ur bow is drawn back i would have to guess i am usually shooting in a range of 50-70% if I need an arc, depending on the size of the target .
The size of the target is relevant cause the smaller the target the steeper you need it to arc, espacially cause the automated weak spawner spawns them at about half the height of the enemy.

Also can you elaborate on the distance referenced? “visually displayed distance” I haven’t tested this but I have super short arms and even in testing for me I feel like to get a full damage I don’t have to break my wingspan

If u only shoot straight at a mob i dont think anyone will ever hit the threshold where it does reduced damage.

With “visually displayed distance” i mean the distance that the game shows the bow being drawn back.
You can pull the bow string back infinetly and it will also increase the velocity of the arrow but at some point the bowstring wont move further back anymore," thats why visually displayed distance".

Easiest to test by just knocking an arrow in and then just stretch both of ur arms out, you will notice the arrow fly at mach speed even though the bow doesnt even show a span of half the distance.

~0%, even for precision, means its more like a crossbow than a bow. Is there an appropriate middle ground?

I am not 100% sure if i get what u r trying to say, so I will answer based on my assumption what it means.
As I said i dont want to change the way the velocity interacts with the bow string so if u shoot at 0% drawback the arrow will simply fall to the ground at one meter(Well to be more excact i think u need about 10% for the arrow to even shoot, but even then its basically falling into the ground instantly).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.