Request - Linux Support

A couple of weeks ago SteamVR & Vive support became available on Linux based Operating systems such as Ubuntu, although it is currently in a very early Beta state. It would be nice for people like me to be able to play on Linux if possible, and I believe that it would allow OrbusVr to be ported to other devices more easily in the future.

I know that Linux has a small userbase, and am sure that SteamVR users on Linux will be even more rare, but I don’t think that it would hurt to have support for other systems. Also I’m sure that any Vive users that prefer Linux would happily pay to be able to play more of their games on that platform

1 Like

Since we use Unity for our game client, I think this is basically just up to them…if I can hit the “build” button on Unity and it can build a Linux client, then I’ll certainly do it. But my current understanding is that the Unity VR stuff only supports Windows right now. I’ll definitely keep an ear open for changes to that though!

1 Like

Great to hear that it’s a possibility, at least it’ll be once Unity releases the necessary code to make it work.

1 Like