[REQUEST] Nerf mobs that heal themselves

I say this as two things;

1. As a Musketeer healer that parties with a Warrior
  2. As a Ranger that solos

Healing on mobs is both too powerful, and too frequent. My poor wife plays Warrior, and yesterday we had to kill a bunch of the Valusion Runics or whatever you call the healing-staff frog people in the jungle. The mixture of our combined low-damage output coupled with the frequent-full-heals employed by the healers made these fights a nightmare. Gravity Orbs doesn’t seem to stop the heal either.

When I was around level 4-5 on my Ranger, the Skogtrolls would heal themselves to full and I had no way of stopping them from doing it.

When I played with some fellowship members the other day, we fought Runic Wargs up near a temple in the Lucian Plateau. Because we were in a group, we ended up pulling like 3-4 of these at the same time. All they did was spam heal on each other non-stop, the fight went on for about 9 minutes and was finally stopped due to some lucky crits pushing us just over the threshold that they could heal. Another situation where I had to pity our poor warrior that was swinging their arms off trying to keep up with the heals.

But maybe they don’t need heals. Maybe classes themselves just need some QoL buffs to deal with healers. Here’s some examples;

1. Ranger and Musketeer Poison ammunition could reduce an enemies healing strength considerably. I believe Musky has a healing pvp debuff of some form…
  2. Warrior Horn could serve as an “interrupt”
  3. Rune Mage is fine, they have Pushback and already do more damage than the enemies can heal in the first place from my experience.
2 Likes

I kinda agree with this, I was on a new char at level 4 warrior and saw a lvl 20 warrior and we chatted for a little bit and I asked him about the healer guys (my first char was level 9 warrior with 50 sword) and he just said it is practically impossible to kill them, the easy solution for this would be to make poison from musketeer apply a healing debuff or disabling it (although that may be a bit op if that far) and having warriors wound combo apply the same healing debuff but archers shouldn’t really have a hard time dealing with them nor mages

Would be more fun, if it did. Same like decursing the OP-poison mobs. Would make sense to have measures to counteract bees and boars, yet is useless to even try since a second later poison is back. Like healers these feel extremely off, up to the point I regularly wipe on some trash with newer (lower dmg) groups, it became normal, even on content they really should not.

I’m only around lvl 8 on Archer and Warrior, and haven’t fought any healing mobs past skogtrolls, but on warrior I would wait until they put their hands in the air to heal (which seems to trigger around 40% of their health), and shield bash them, and archer just did so much damage if I opened with a charged poison arrow, then pierce arrow they would just immediately die.

I do agree on more interrupts across classes though.

These mobs are indeed not in question here… the trolls I barely notice as healers since they are so easy to take down with being same level or a bit below even. With level 8 you should be able to fight green healers in the rainforest, though, which are harder. And a worse problem - for some classes, specially musk - are those in the wild zones or several of this kind, healing each other, in dungeons; or, elite ones with high health, in the desert dungeon.
Also the warrior shield bash is of course one thing which does help with them. Musketeers and other classes don’t have this ability though.

Well I brought them up because OP mentioned not being able to interrupt heal on ranger. Bursting or using the trap to interrupt were options I used is all

What about having the healing mob heal at 1/3 the current rate. I know that they seem to take dammage and repeatedly heal themselves (or other mobs) over and over again until full health. What about give the ‘‘heal’’ a cool down just like we as players have cool downs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.