Requests for Dungeon Queue Changes

There are two big requests I’d like to make:

1: When queueing up for a dungeon queue, list what each class is supposed to do regarding their role. A ton of new players think Mage is Support, Paladin is DPS, and literally anything can tank. They also tend to click on all three roles because the prompt itself says that if you choose multiple roles, you get in faster. So new players will queue up for all three roles not knowing that when they do that, they should be prepared to fill any role. I DO NOT BLAME THE NEW PLAYERS THAT DO THIS! This is on no fault of them, because outside of the dungeon, while solo playing, it’s not immediately clear that each class fills specific roles in group content.

2: Purely for selfish reasons, I’d love when somebody puts a shard in to a dungeon, you get some kind of notification along the lines of “this shard sponsored by XYZ”, or “Player B inserted a shard!”. Over the past 24 hours I’ve been in three dungeon queues where somebody puts in a shard and nobody admits to doing it. This is incredibly frustrating because I do these queues to farm overworld legendaries, farm shards, and help new players exploring new content for the first time. Dungeon Queue is not a place for shards unless the entire party consents, and dropping them in without everybody wanting to do so is a jerk move. Especially so when nobody knows who the jerk is.

4 Likes

I really hate when this happens, another option would be when someone tries to put one it, it pops up with a prompt for the rest of the group to accept before it activates it as a shard dungeon when entering via the dungeon queue

4 Likes

Although that sounds fun to name shame the person trolling the group, it was easier to just stop anyone from activating shards in a matchmade dungeon run. So after talking about it, we just aren’t going to allow shard activation on matchmade dungeons. That is rolled out now.

As for the role descriptions, maybe adding a tooltip window when you hover over each role in the prompt would help, but that would take too long to squeeze in today :frowning:

6 Likes

I like the thought but that will get rid of a fun activity called “shard roulette”. We take one of each matchable dungeon shards and que up and do whatever dungeon is picked. It makes doing shards much more fun. I like the idea of a confirmation or another alternative but shard roulette is a very fun part of endgame content.

1 Like

Adding anything that could be similar such as a random que specific to shard groups could be fix.

This is why I recommended that it was a prompt instead of disabling them as I knew people did sometimes do that

2 Likes

I highly support removing shards being enabled in dungeons i have stopped almost altogether doing them because of that, alot of the time i do not notice it is a shard until the boss fight has begun its no fun to put that much weight on someone when only 3 out of 5 players have the talents required for them!

2 Likes

But it should still be a choice instead of a flat out disable.

1 Like

i dont mind just standing in front of tree and grabbing a random orb lol

I have found fun in queueing with friends for dungeons and carrying level 10’s through a shard, and I always ask and see if they agree. That is how it should work instead of taking that exprience away.

1 Like

Appreciate the dungeon change, and how quickly it was implemented :slight_smile: Hopefully a long term solution comes along that will allow some kind of confirmation so Shard Roulette can be a thing again, but for now I’m happy with the change :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.