Rift arriving in a few days, looking for tips, hitns and friends!

Hey there! I feel like the title is very self-explanatory, but my Oculus Rift should be arriving in a few days, so I was hoping to gain some hints, tips and such from here before I start playing!
Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Generally in MMO’s I enjoy playing any class, but I’ve always been a fan of buffing, debuffing, healing and dps!

Also, I’m situated in an EU timezone (Norway, specifically), and I was hoping I could get in touch with an English speaking group of players in similar timezones? Maybe some players I could join or anything?

Thanks!

1 Like

Biggest pieces of advice are to play through the tutorial, be patient, ask questions, and try different classes. Orbus has a bit of a learning curve and while it’s absolutely unquestionably worth it, a lot of new players get frustrated when its not instant…

1 Like

Agreeing with points from Draven, It does take sometime to get to the endgame game stuff for a new player! However the content at Endgame is Challenging, Fun and enough to keep you busy enjoying it for days.

thank you both for the replies!
I’m definitely planning on taking my time and getting used to things. After playing on an EverQuest timelocked server, I was forced to adapt to doing that and now I can’t NOT do that haha!
So I’ll take my time and enjoy myself, for sure!

1 Like

Also, if it is your first time in VR, download and fool around with some of the free titles first, both apps and games. Get your virtual legs so to speak (aka motion sickness resistance).

Some people are immediately “resistant”, some need a few hours, and then some have limitations on how and what type of content they can consume and what movement scheme they can use without ill effects.

Once you have your “legs”, it will be much easier for you to immerse yourself in Orbus :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome, I’ll keep that in mind! thanks!

Some basic advice I’d wished I had when I started:

1. Warrior combos sometimes fail because of the upswing make BIG upswings and they should work
  2. on ranger the dots next to the bow are range damage indicators the further away you hit something the more that fill and they boost your dps but fall off as you hit shorter ranged shots (atleast how it was explained to me)
    3 mage is very finicky and I’d recommend making simpler strokes than the statues tell you (for instance the H one is just straight dont start going into it at a curve)
    4 Complete all Quests as the class you would like to level first otherwise you’ll get stuck grinding for awhile
    5 some dungeons are possible solo but you need to be a pretty high level and it isn’t particularly worth it at that point around level 8 find a group to do low level dungeons
    some of this info may be slightly dated as I’m getting back into the game from a few month hiatus but its still pretty good

Enjoy the Rift-Tutorial, first of all, with the little robot… it was a mind-blowing experience, for me, I will always remember my very first VR experience :slight_smile: . As others said, check out some free apps after, or low-cost apps like coasters, to get used to all. Some are really bad though, I made the mistake in the beginning to try everything. Yet, now if something doesn’t suit me or makes me feel dizzy, I just stop it or uninstall, there’s enough awesome apps as well (like Orbus :wink: ).

As for a group, I can recommend Rebels, we are an english-speaking european guild, there’s players around every evening (19:00-22:00 mostly), 3-4 days are scheduled with a calendar to enroll for raids and dungeons. Yet as so many others, we do focus on level 20 (endgame) content. The good news is, as a daily player you can level to 20 in around two or three weeks. And in any guild you are welcome to ask questions and use resources.
Other than that it should not be a big problem finding random groups for lower levels, dungeons or just questing, via the official discord channel.

Hey Petter,

If you are looking to play hardcore/semi-hardcore in EU, we are recruiting players for Alphabet. We only usually recruit 20’s but if you have a good history of MMOs and strong endgame experience that rule doesnt always apply.

http://www.orbus.xyz/

http://armory.orbus.xyz/#/fellowships/Alphabet

Cheers,

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.