Rift on steam: cut scenes going to default audio

This is incredibly minor, as far as bugs go. However, it did cause me to miss out on a few movies before I realized what happened (as in, the execution scene is the first I was able to watch).

What I found is that the cut scenes/movies are playing the audio to my default audio device rather than my rift audio. Since I leave headphones plugged in, it’s going to those headphones (making it inaudible from several feet away).

I’m playing on a rift bought on steam, if that makes a difference.

Oh, and the obvious workaround is to make the rift my default audio device when I’m playing on it.

That is strange, I wonder why it’s using a different audio channel than any other audio in the game. I will look into that.

I find this on quite a few steam games, sometimes the sound comes out of a random source other times through the rift. It’s been a problem since the new Oculus Home release.

Latest purchase is Orbus and that seems to do it too.

1 Like

Just want to point out that Ive had this issue ever since they adjusted how videos are played last week. Im not using steam or home 2.0 FWIW.

2 Likes

This will be fixed in today’s patch. Thanks!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.