Runemage spell casting plane projection

So it can be kindof confusing that the plane that you have to draw on is not orthogonally vertical, but instead a projection from the headset direction. This basically means that if you are looking at a different direction, the spell no longer can be cast the same.

My idea to help with this (other than just making it always orthogonally vertical), is to have an option to show the visible plane somehow when casting a spell. (like a mini roomscale wall that is in the proper direction). I dont know what would look good here and not detract from the aesthetics of the game… but i’m sure something that works this way could exist

I think the devs mentioned something about changing the line color when you’re off the plane, but I really like the idea of a persistent plane when you start drawing. If it’s a set size it would even force players to draw a specific size. I’ve seen a lot of players try to draw way too big and have super curved lines, then wonder why the spell failed

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.