Runemage Talent: Runic Speed doesn't appear to work

(Casting in Highsteppe)

Another mage & I casted fireball 2, 3 side by side and there was no noticeable difference.

To my previous understanding, spells which move faster travel farther (and all spells seem to last the same amount of time flying). Our spells ended at identical locations.

This talent used to work in preborn, so not sure what happened to it.

Hmmm, that’s odd. We’ll take a look at it. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

EDIT: Nope! Just tested with another mage. I had runic speed, he did not. Neither of us had strength on our wands. Same distance/speed (well timed/measured distance test). Casting Fireball 3. In Highsteppe.

Furthermore, I put on a strength wand. We casted fireball 2 together (almost perfectly sync’d) and there was no difference whatsoever.

1 Like

Can confirm, i was the mage casting with you (Zenzerker).

Spells did appear to move at the same speed and at the same distance. We casted quite a few times to be sure.

Funny, i came here to post about this to raise awareness for it. Good to see its already being looked into.

1 Like

Runic speed is so bad though. The extra damage you cannot compete with.

1 Like

Well Strength is also not working.

Runic Speed has use cases, PvP being one.

I use runic speed :stuck_out_tongue:

Can confirm after my own testing. The talent “Runic Speed” does not seem to work anymore in Reborn. It did work in preborn. I shot a fireball 1, 2 and 3 as far away as possible from a dummy and drank forgetfulness potions. And the dummy hit border was always the same with or without “Runic Speed”. Did the same for frost 2 and 3 just to be sure it wasn’t just fireball.

1 Like

Also tested the strength thing too. 160 strength vs 0 strength had no effect. So ya I think it is basically the strength stat being broken for mage. Which also caused “Runic Speed” to break…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.