Runemage unplayable since Patch

Since the patch, the runemage has become unplayable for me.
Before the patch, each spell worked as it should, failed only the spells that were really drawn wrong.
Since the patch, no spell works properly no matter how precise he is drawn.

Example fireball 2:
Before the patch it went without problems to spam Fireball2 as it is normal.
Since the patch the fireballs are not even when I draw them absolutely correct, sometimes the fireball goes with drawings that are not even similar to a B .
Other spells do not work just as well and they fail about 80%.
Before the patch, I had a mamimal 20% failure rate in level 2 spells

The other thing I’ve noticed since the patch, the game lags extremely often and the frame rate is much lower but still playable.
Lowering the graphics to low had brought no change.
The spells laggin in the moment where I finished drawing it and press the button.
The Spell has over 1 second delay, but I can still look around in this delay as normal and the monsters continue to run normally.
What I also noticed, that the magic (if they ever go) exclusively only go when I draw it exactly in the middle of my field of vision and that only if I hold my controller exactly in an extremely cramped position.
So not twisted or anything else, but that the wand Ingame must be in Libra and Lot as well he must not be rotated.
For all other positions no magic works anymore.

By the way i hope Google translatet my problem right :smiley:

Hmmm we definitely didn’t change anything in the way the spell recognition works so I don’t think that’s it, I wonder if you are having some other underlying issue that is causing extreme graphical lag though (which could affect it).

Can you send me your output log and I’ll take a look? Are you on Oculus Store or Steam?

I’m also having considerable more lag. after the patch. Where are you casting your spells? I’m noticing a higher rate in failure of my spells near the training dummy in HS. When I’m in my house, my spell casting success rate goes back to my normal casting rate. You might want to try to go into your house and see if that helps improve your rate.

1 Like

I play on Oculus, i have send you the log per E-mail.

Thanks for the Info i try this later on the evening.

Hmmm…the only thing I can think of that would be causing more lag might be the new VoIP stuff, I guess? Does anyone have any hard numbers or anything? I didn’t notice any drops on my computer, but who knows.

I didn’t notice any casting issues, but I did notice some increase lag in overland zones. The place I noticed it most was approaching/entering guild city, as I normally don’t get a framerate hit there at all, but now I do.

I haven’t noticed much since the initial release but on occasion there were other players spells become stuck to the target dummies, like a fireball and frostbolt has glue put on them. I believe it had something to do with the new dot affects that those spells have gained I just don’t know if it’s talent specific since I’ve only used true affliction (love it by the way). Depending on what visual affects players are seeing occur could cause a little bit more depending on how capable their rig is.

Yeah that’s true, there were those stuck spells, that should be fixed now though after the last patch that went out yesterday evening…

Ive tryed again to cast the spells outside after the little patch it goes a litte better but not so good as pre patch yesterday. then i tried the idea from Johann to test it inside the house, there the spell casting works absolutely perfect.

Have you tried the Beta branch by any chance to see if it’s any better on that?

i have never tryed the beta but i test it this days.

I’m on the beta and having the same issues as Matthias.

Well after talking to Matthias, they are on a 970 and were already on Low settings from 2 weeks before the patch, so it’s unclear if it’s specifically related or not. Are you saying you are having a lot worse performance since the patch as well? Or just that you think the Runemage detection is worse?

I’m running on the low setting with a 1080. I feel it’s definitely a little worse since the patch, but I have always had issues in common areas with spells, especially if there is a lot of people around.

Wow Low on a 1080? That’s crazy. What are the rest of your specs?

Does Low just feel most comfortable to you or have you looked your timings/reprojection before? And are you on Steam or Oculus?

That just seems like there must be something else going on, on a 1080 you should be able to run on High I would think, Standard at the very least.

I figured you ran on low but I assumed it was for reduced grass to see all those sweet sweet harvestables.

my specs are:
I’m on steam
SSD
i7 - 6820 @ 2.70 GHz
32 gb ram

I get the same on high, I can’t remember if it is worse or not. I just always run low thinking it’s maximizing performance with less lag. I also have a 170mb download speed, so it’s not my connection either.

Oh I see, okay. Yeah it might be a different issue then, my guess is with those specs you can run just fine on Standard/High. It’s probably not low FPS, might be something else.

Something that might be interesting for you to do is open up your SteamVR Timings and take a look and see if your GPU or CPU is maxing out.

It wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a little worse around lots of people, but it shouldn’t be so bad as to affect your casting I wouldn’t think.

That said, we are working on giving a lot more options for fine tuning performance (so you can turn on/off specific things like grass, adjust view distance, etc.) which should give you more control over the specific performance of the game to suit your preferences better.

3 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the same issue, but since yesterday’s patch twice now (once yesterday, once today) I’ve ran into an issue where I’d be casting just fine and then nothing would complete at all. By complete, I mean I would draw it and press my button but no noise would happen to tell me I failed, no spell would be created on my wand tip.

Is that something that would be saved via logs? If not I’ll see if I can make a video of it happens again. I bounce between high graphics and low graphics, depending on how visible I want monsters and ingredients to be :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m running oculus rift on steam beta with
Ssd
Gtx 1070
i5 xxxx @4.2ghz (overclocked)
32gb ram