Sept 29th Patch notes

Client updates should be available to download now. Restart Oculus or Steam if you don’t see them.

Server is now live.

Just a quick head’s up, we’re aware of some issues with the island concerning level 0 players or health bars not working properly, as well as frequent stuck in combat.

We’re working on a fix for those.

Can we expect to see the rest of the aberrations come back at some point or is only going to be these 4. To be honest im disappointed there is no leshak.

Just another head’s up, we pushed a patch to PCVR platforms for some error fixes, so if you’re having issues definitely grab it. Quest build will come after some further fixes though, we’re still working on debugging them.

The Quest update is now live as well with some bug fixes, and we’re working on debugging some of the remaining issues.

The orange abberations get you stuck on the vines and decurse doesn’t work every time because of desyncs. So you get stuck alot.

Update on patch work: We found some error which may be causing the desyncs and other issues and are collecting logs and hoping to have a fix in likely tomorrow for those.

Let us know if with the patch we pushed out a little earlier today the following are still happening, just to get an idea:

• Stuck at graveyard repeatedly
  • Stuck in combat every other fight (more than usual in the overowlrd)
  • Level 0 players

Thanks!

There’s a specific way that mechanic works so I’m not sure exactly if that is the issue, I’ll let folks give more fights on it before we just spell it out, haha.

currently you can’t fish in most of the water on the island, your lure just falls through the water. same of the ponds you can fish in(haven’t tested if there actually are fish there or not yet) and I had the lure actually hit the water once in one area and then go through it on the next throw.

We’ll take a look and find the places where it’s been happening and see what we can do to fix that. Thanks for reporting it.

1 Like

We will be doing a server reset shortly to apply fixes on the server side for some of the issues you’ve encountered since the patch and with a lot of players around. We’re not sure of the extent of how much it will fix but it may well fix some issues with voice chat in addition to other problems.

1 Like

I think the aberations should have more health, currently all except the boss one in the cave can be soloed as runemage and except for the one that casts vines it’s pretty easy too. Not even best of best runemage casting either, I was pretty rusty when I did this, casting around 2 spells a second while I would usually cast at around 2.3 spells a second.

(also I got a rupert pet! yay!)
1 Like

they are a little too easy, I think they all need a buff, including the boss

Your frames look so smooth

I remember hearing someone say that the devs said that they should put a thing in place to stop you from dpsing one down before it’s mechanics. Though I don’t know the legitimacy of that.

I 100% agree that they need a buff as they are way to easy to solo down

Have you tried soloing them as any other class than mage? Mage has always been overpowered and can even solo low level shards, it was pretty challenging when I was trying as a ranger (though didn’t get to spend much time trying due to the group of 30people zerging them while I was online)

You can’t do it with normal means as a ranger, the leash distance is to short. Abusing the pathing or raising your speed by other means makes it possible.

Well probably not tentacle guy.

I didn’t try a lot but I managed to solo the spinny abberation (might be orange?) and nearly got the green one as a ranger so its not impossible to solo. -thats without super so you can probably kill them all with a good super. p.s. thats with pre-killing the other mobs in the pack if that wasn’t clear :wink:

Also can the rupert pet be crated or tradable? It seems like some people get 0 and others get 4…

Enjoying the balance changes tho so far. glad to feel useful as a ranger now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.