Server Restart Tomorrow Morning

Just a quick heads-up that we’ll be doing a server restart tomorrow morning which may take a little longer than normal. We’ve re-worked some of our server infrastructure in response to data which is showing us that the connection between our server and other parts of the world (like the EU in particular) is degrading. This should hopefully provide a better network path to our servers, and as an added bonus it moves us to a server setup that is more flexible in the future and should allow for more expansion down the road.

I’m anticipating doing this restart around 9 AM US Central, and it will probably take around 30 minutes.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Will the address stay game-direct.orbusvr.com ? (don’t forget to lower TTL on DNS beforehand :smiley: ), or could i use IP you provided before?
Just asking so i can re-launch mtr to monitor stability under load when we all join back :wink:

The server restart is underway, please stand by.

Okay, the restart is completed and the new server is online. Since a DNS change was required it may take up to 30 minutes for your computer to be able to connect, though. Thanks!

Also yes, it’s still game-direct.orbusvr.com

mhm, already running mtr, looks good so far.

Edit 6:17 pm (central time) / 1:17am (central european time): 7 dropped packets so far since launch, worst ping 245.7ms, standard deviation 1.4ms average ping 124.5ms, best ping 124.3ms = nice, quick and stable network, however there was someone ingame mentioning having high latency whole time since the change.

successfully did hardmode boss 1 and 2 without desync or disconnect earlier :+1:t4:.

1 Like

I had 3 or 4 crashes without warning or pop up message after the crash, game just exited. This was a lot less common before the server change, I switched to websocket connection and it didn’t happen after that. Just figured I’d let you know

where are you located at region wise?

England

20 characters

im in scotland also having the same issues changed to websocket that seemed to have fixed it for me too

So previously you both were having no disconnects/crashes at all and now since the server restart it’s happening to you on Default frequently?

I wouldn’t say no crashes/disconnects but it was far less than after the server restart

Okay, you had 3 or 4 in what period of time? Like an hour or an evening?

I had crashes before but weren’t that bad when the server restart happened I crashed about 4 times in less than an hour went over to websocket and I never crashed again that night

Okay. If you are able to get a crash to happen on Default and send me your log I’d be interested in seeing what it looks like. I wonder if it’s the same issue. I guess when the EU folks were having problems even using Websocket didn’t fix it so might be something else?

I feel like I’m playing whack-a-mole haha.

1 Like

Was around 3-4 crashes in around an hour of getting online so I then switched to the websocket option which is when it stopped crashing, I will jump on after I’ve had food and go back on default and send the logs

I’ve just played for a little under an hour without a crash while using default so I’m not sure what was going off yesterday, could being in a party have an effect on it? I have just been running around killing and harvesting just now where yesterday I was messing around in highsteppe then went to tradu

Okay…well stay on Default and if it happens again I guess send me the log.

1 Like

Not a single crash for me today, default connection, scandinavian :+1: