Shard Dungeon Gear

The new armor designs are in the new patch, let’s keep the discussion here for now though if you have feedback on them, thanks.

Why is the ranger’s new gear T8 in the sketch and not T9? Also the mask was really cool, the helmet looks more like a warrior’s helmet, i thought the ranger’s set was swapped with warrior’s when i saw it

2 Likes

That’s an awesome new Ranger helm.

2 Likes

From the patch notes:

ranger tank is now all rangers as we have tank armor

1 Like

i meant this for t9, not the shard tier http://prntscr.com/j629w2

I am extremely disappointed @Riley_D that the warrior armor has male genitalia bulge cups.

What a huge FU to women.

It is even more pronounced in game.

1 Like

Hmmm, I will speak with the artist and find out what happened there…we’ve got a pretty clear internal policy to keep gear gender-neutral so I doubt that’s what they were going for with that, but I will double-check to make sure.

1 Like

Thank you. I have 30 days logged as a warrior. This is so upsetting, I am both angry and hurt.

Extremely anti female here.

2 Likes

There are even “rivets” to hold the cup in place.

Well, as I said, I highly doubt that was what they were really intending with that, but I will make sure it gets changed quickly. Again, nothing is intended to be gender-specific.

3 Likes

I can’t imagine what the rivets holding the cup in place would be for if not intended?? But thank you in advance for quickly addressing this matter.

No Fern its a fanny pack, cant you see the opening at the top. You can use it to store goodies and snacks for long dungeon runs. lol but I truly do love the new gear, the musky hat seems strange though, I’m just so used to not seeing their eyes.

4 Likes

Here is an example of armor (Jaime Lannister’s) that I would consider gender neutral. Would you please pass it along to your arist?

Edit, just wanted to provide a helpful example, and clarify that I’m not asking for feminine armor.

2 Likes

Where will my pee pee go : (

I don’t know, that flap could be misconstrued… I have 30 days logged as ranger, can I send some sketches over to the artist for what I want the gear to look like? lol on a serious note, some ranger gloves still don’t have a picture in the inventory.

5 Likes

Codpieces on armor such as the one on the new warrior set were not found on functional armor, but rather only ceremonial pieces that were meant to show others how manly the wearer was.

So yes, I would think that if part of the ranger armor were modeled after armor that quite literally served no purpose other than as a genital measuring contest the devs would entertain alternate ideas.

Especially if multiple people had expressed their concerns with the concept art long before it even went live.

4 Likes

Anti Female, because in your opinion the armor looks manly?
This is kind of a silly thing to be victimized by. Part of being a strong women is putting your big girl panties on (cup or not) and kicking ass.
I don’t understand how this armor is Anti Female.

8 Likes

Oh bless your heart Rejinx’s wife, this is decidedly hostile toward women because it is, in no uncertain terms, a codpiece. A piece of fashion’s history that was meant to measure a person’s worth by the size of their male genitalia.

1 Like

Enough. We’ve already taken care of the armor, and we emphasize again that we aim to provide every armor set as gender neutral. If you have feedback about something else, please move on. Attacking one side or another is not productive and we take the criticism to heart. There’s no need to defend or attack anyone.

7 Likes